它发生了一夜之间!

Boeingboy
Boeingboy 成员Posts:7
edited 22. Aug 2019, 02:53 inSay Hello Archive
Hello to everyone. This is my first post here so I’d better set out my stall.

65岁,是一名退休的航空公司飞行员,他的健康状况和行动能力都很好,直到一年前9月我出去割草。用汽油悬停在湿的草地上过度徘徊后,我的左膝疼痛进来。以为我要“只是拉东西”,我忽略了它,然后每天在开放农田上走两英里。疼痛并没有消退,情况变得更糟,更糟糕的是,直到圣诞节,我感到痛苦,无法正常运作。

咨询我的医生长大子ject of Arthritis. He felt that it might be worth X-raying the joint and sure enough a week or so later some very graphic evidence showed that I had no cartilage left on the inside of my knee. Referral to a physiotherapist saw me waste an hour answering questions on a computer about my quality of life and level of depression. After not even examining the knee I was handed a leaflet and told to do some exercises (as if walking two miles with Labradors wasn’t enough!) so not a lot of help there sadly.

Referral to a Private Consultant working for the NHS confirmed that I had severe Osteoarthritis and that little if anything can be done for me other than a total knee replacement. Not what I was expecting to hear after simply mowing the lawn! However the conclusion was that a motorcycle accident in 1971 that resulted in a fractured tibia had not been accurately reset. That left me with a legacy of extra wear on that part of my knee and it was payback time.

Since I was not convinced that a total knee replacement was the only option I took a second opinion and the new consultant confirmed that as the outer portion of the knee is in good condition I am an ideal candidate for a partial replacement. A cortisone injection was given at that meeting but didn’t offer relief beyond a couple of days, which in fairness is what I was told to expect. So now I am wondering whether to go for the operation or hang on as long as possible.

我目前的状态是,休息或睡觉时,我的疼痛或不适为零。我在大多数情况下都没有任何药物治疗,但是如果需要,请诉诸NSAID。我在膝盖上使用支撑绷带/袜子来walk狗,然后使用步行杆进行支撑,我仍然可以管理一英里左右。在房子里,我用棍棒来舒适而不是依赖,而在外出和使用矫形鞋垫和袜子时,我可以独立地行走,而对我的步态(limping)几乎没有干扰。我确实会使用手杖来舒适。

Those that know me who’ve had knee replacements say that I am nowhere near ready for surgery and to hang on a lot longer before considering it. That said, living with the pain of walking each day, and the effect that is having on my spirit, which at times can be very low knowing that I’ve gone from fine to bad overnight makes looking at all options worthwhile.

Not helping is that I’ve also had to go through treatment for Prostate Cancer (Hormone/Radio Route) this summer and I even managed a dose of Shingles recently, so keeping my chin up and trying to stay cheerful has been hard to say the least, but I know that in comparison to many I am still very lucky and in many ways nowhere near as bad as I may think.

Looking to the future it would be easy to rush into surgery but I’m aware that it carries risks and might leave me worse off. I am particularly interested in waiting to see what new treatments might emerge before I’m forced into a choice and in particular stem cell technology might offer hope, but perhaps I’m too far gone for that to work.

因此,如果您仍然在这里与我同在(并感谢您这样做),我将重视您对可能提供的手术以及未来十年可能值得等待的治疗方法的意见。

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for your help.
大卫。

评论

• 主持人
    主持人 ModeratorPosts:4,088
    编辑30. 11月1日,00:00
    嗨,Boeingboy,欢迎来到与关节炎论坛。beplay体育怎么下载

这是对骨关节炎的非常明显的介绍,正如您所说,由于简单地修剪草坪或walking狗,它并没有在一夜之间出现:D

该网站有一个很好的膝盖手术部分://www.wfysxh.com/about-arthritis/treatments/surgery/knee-replacement-surgery/

现在的操作很普遍,许多论坛成员已经完成了这项工作,包括我们的一些主持人。关于操作的决定是您的,您可以要求他人的经验,并有警告我们没有人是医学专家。

如果您需要与某人信心交谈,那么我们的免费热线线也可以使用://www.wfysxh.com/get-help/

一切顺利
    布林莫尔
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy 成员Posts:31,557
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I cannot help as my experience of arthritis is so different but I know I would change places with you in a heartbeat.

我见过许多人,一旦他们在恢复和恢复生活方面做了艰难的院子,他们没有痛苦,并且与以前的生活非常相似。他们都分享的是OA仅在一个关节中,也是一个可更换的关节,这使事情变得如此简单。我开始现年37岁,现在59岁。由于青年,我被拒绝了52岁的膝盖。我现在不会打扰,因为其他事情要糟糕得多。:lol:

我的晚餐吃了,我必须去。祝您一切顺利,无论您决定做什么。DD
  • StickyWicket
    StickyWicket 成员Posts:26,422
    大卫大家好,也欢迎我。

This must all have come as a bit of a shock. Particularly as you've also had the Prostate Cancer and shingles to cope with. What a difficult time for you!

My husband is in a similar situation to you re the arthritis. He has a dodgy hip but he's been very slow to accept that because, at 75, he still sees himself as a keen sportsman :roll: Indeed, he does still play golf and walks quite a bit and that's probably why his hip is doing so well despite a nasty-looking x-ray. I, on the other hand, have had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 15 and, shall we just say, it shows:眨眼:

It's true that we sometimes pay years later for the recklessness of our youth. But it's quite common for osteoarthritis to set in following an earlier injury so, whether yours was set well or badly, the outcome might have been just the same.

Whether to have a total knee replacement (TKR) or just a partial one or to soldier on. Only you can make that choice. Personally I don't think I'd consider a partial one. My gut instinct is that you'll still need a full one a few years down the line. I've had both knees replaced (and both hips – I'm just a surgery junkie:lol:),尽管最后一个臀部在仅10年左右的时间后就漂流了,所以它们都很出色,所以我等着看它是否可以更换。没有保证。

From what you've written, I doubt you'd get a TKR on the NHS. Your friends are right. But, if you want one and can afford it, there's always the private route. Again, if you want one the key is to do the exercises conscientiously, before and after and not to rush anything else. When you say“Referral to a physiotherapist saw me waste an hour answering questions on a computer about my quality of life and level of depression. After not even examining the knee I was handed a leaflet and told to do some exercises (as if walking two miles with Labradors wasn’t enough!) so not a lot of help there sadly.”I would have to disagree with you. Walking doesn't exercise all the muscles, only some. The exercises are designed to keep all the muscles strong as strong muscles support joints. Hence less pain and slower deterioration. I'm never quite sure what people expect of physios as they often say' '(s)he just gave me some exercises to do.' Exercises are what have ensured my replaced joints have done so well and sorted out a bout of sciatica once. They really do make a difference.

无论如何,这只是一个人的意见。无论您做什么还是不做,我希望您对结果感到满意。
  • Boeingboy
    我看到我在11月18日发布了此线程,因此为了使您最新,我现在已经从总膝盖替换了一个月了。到达这里需要两年的痛苦(不是NHS的错,他们实际上只花了三个月的时间才能继续下去),但希望更好的时光在前进。我本周再次开始开车,我的航空医生告诉我要在另一个月内重新获得认证,以作为私人飞行员飞行。白天,膝盖酸痛,但对运动有反应,我每天和我的狗一起出去一英里,而在地面上没有棍子或li行的行走。楼梯仍在进行中,因为我的开放式计划是没有手栏的开放式,但我已经可以通过替代步骤来进行上下管理。现在,我的臀部和下背部无痛,值得注意的是我走得更高,更直。

就像这个论坛上的许多人一样,尽管我似乎正在遭受一件事,但我没有计划,这缺乏睡眠。我只有30到90分钟的街区,通常努力寻找一个好地方,不久之后,它不会醒来时醒来时醒来。我猜韧带安装了夜晚,疼痛主要是在后部。

我只是使用非甾体抗炎药的白天,但晚上我再保险sorting to two Ibuprofen and two Cocodomol to at least get off to sleep. They tend to make me wake in a hot sweat so coupled with the Lavender spray that I'm putting on the pillows (I'm that desperate I'll try anything) the bedroom smells like a cross between a Turkish Prison and my Granny's bedroom in the morning!

I've tried everything from a full sized pillow to towels in and under the knees but nothing really works, so my main request is to ask what others find useful and to also ask how long other people found this to be a problem.

Any help appreciated.....
  • StickyWicket
    Thanks for the update. I'm pleased you got a new knee but, frankly, I'm concerned that it sounds as if you're rushing your recovery and that could jeopardise the whole thing.

通常建议在OP后6-8周进行驾驶,但明智的做法是与您的InsuranceCómpany核对。

我总是被告知永远不要在我的新TKR下放置枕头或其他任何东西,因为这可以阻止它正确拉直。而且,是的,这有时会非常痛苦,但绝对必要。

I'd guess your night time problems are mainly due to your doing too much during the the day and when you write “I am only using NSAID's by day but at night I'm resorting to two Ibuprofen and two Cocodomol to at least get off to sleep “ I'm now hoping that you're not taking ibuprofen on top of other NSAIDS as that would be very dangerous.

You mention walking but the essential things still are the exercises given by your physio as walking will only strengthen some muscles not all. Is your physio happy with how things are going?

You say your aviation doc is happy for you to fly again in a couple of months but please do check this with your orthopaedic surgeon. It must be very tempting to get back to 'normality' but, if you go for too much too soon, it might never return.

在这里看看时间表https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/knee-replacement/recovery/
    我希望您祝您好运和充实,快乐的康复。
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy 成员Posts:31,557
    It can take years for joints to get to the right stage of damage to be considered for replacement but recovery is not a rapid affair either. It must be very tempting to think that because it's all new in there it's all better, but the deep healing takes much longer than what we can see on the surface. Muscles have been pushed around and bruised, bones sawn, tendons and ligaments moved out of position and getting everything settled again is a long process. Exercise for the benefit of the muscles must be done despite any pain, the joint must be exericsed to enable it to work properly despite any pain, nerves have to regrow which is an odd sensation in itself (I was advised that when my scar (ten inches of an open synovectomy operation) tingled to lightly drum my fingers along it to stimulate the nerves to help them regrow.

试图做得太快是很普遍,也是撤消到目前为止所做的任何好处的最快方法,这是可以实现的。我已经读到,完全康复可能需要十二到18个月,随着身体自然会随着年龄的增长而减慢,患者年龄越长。术后疼痛是常态,出于某种原因,对于那些不熟悉手术行为的人来说,这本身就是流血和暴力的事业,这让人感到惊讶。膝盖是一个复杂的关节,时间和耐心是让您的新膝盖尽可能地工作的关键。DD
  • Boeingboy
    谢谢您的回复。当然,我感谢您警告过多的事情,但我会陷入痛苦界限,而不是设定任何目标。我正在通过推荐的例行程序进行工作,并在两者之间将腿静置。幸运的是,我在第三天离开医院,腿部伸展和95度弯曲。两周后,延伸无痛,我的时间高达105度。我的第二个生理是明天,我几乎等于我的好腿,所以希望能看到更高的数字。

我想我们都不同,因为我浮出水面的东西是将腿伸直。医院期望我能够在OP上进行操作,但我无法将腿从床上移出。这不再是一个问题,我可以从臀部和膝盖上抬起。我在最多工作的区域是通过弯曲的膝盖全部重量,这是Physio上一次负责我的任务。还通过向后走很多东西(我们的拉布拉多人认为这很有趣)也失去了li行。

Driving seems to be a topic that has no easy answer. My hospital states four weeks self certified on evaluation of an emergency stop, others six to eight weeks. The Royal College of Surgeons web site recommends six, but less if your car is an automatic. Having broken a toe earlier in the year no doctor was willing to state fitness to drive as they would not accept the legal liability so it seems it's down to you and your insurers. Mine makes no stipulation and as the condition is not notifiable to the DVLA it comes down to obeying your policy document and being sensible.

Interestingly for aviation it's not down to the surgeon. He/She supplies a factual report to the AME who makes the call based on specific Civil Aviation Authority protocols. That applies to most medical issues. For musculature conditions they simply state that if you can get in and out, assist passengers out in an emergency and operate the controls to full deflection whilst weight bearing on them you are good to go! Obviously though taking Codeine based opiates is a blocker.

I have my second physio tomorrow (mine is a military trained guy who I would not want to get on the wrong side of). I'll ask him what progress I should be making and if I'm doing too much. I know that last time he didn't offer any warnings of that only that I should stick to the regime and the particular exercises that benefit me personally.

Just wish nights weren't such a challenge to sleep through though.
  • StickyWicket
    如果您的生理学和外科医生都很高兴,那么一切都很好,我为您感到高兴。让他们快乐,你不会错的:DWe do like success stories.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 成员Posts:1,636
    只是一个想法。医务人员对您正在做的事情感到满意,但我想知道您的身体是否在说“实际上我希望您有点放松”吗?专业人士正在处理理论和教科书,您正在处理这种做法,并且您的身体可能没有阅读该教科书,或者可能恳求在某些方面不同意。

谁在线上

空波
空波
Larkabout
Larkabout
+19客人
Baidu