Hyaluronic acid injections on NHS

宣告
宣告 MemberPosts:2
edited 24. Jan 2020, 05:27 in说“你好”
Hi to everyone,

I've been suffering with OA for a few years and on advice of my mum (who is after 2 knee and hip ops for OA) have tried hyaluronic acid injections with great results - no pain, walking as before I got OA.
I have used them so far only privately, but insurance won't pay any more and now that the last injection is wearing off, I am desperate.

Please let me know, if you have got them onNHSand where (I did look at the old threads, but to no avail - I would like some info from the last few years, please)

For those looking for more info and my experience of Hyaluronic acid (HA) injections:

I have used Ostenil Plus in UK, one injection per each knee and walked away from the doctor, no pain or problem.
I have also used other brand, but abroad (as they seems to be widely used in Europe) with excellent results, too.
The only difference was the technique of injecting: in UK the doctor draws out a bit of fluid from the knee before injecting HA, abroad they did not, which was more uncomfortable at the time of injection and for a couple of days after, but I believe it lasted me for longer (6 mothns in UK, 9 months abroad, on the same concentration of HA).
Both brands were made of bacteria, as I have read they last longer and other available are made from rooster combs.
我知道很多体育俱乐部都在使用HA注射,即使是注射医生告诉我,他在滑雪板时都使用了它。
From reading European forums, it doesn't help some people, but some report excellent results.
它极大地帮助了我,我曾经将皮质类固醇注入我的肩膀和膝盖,肩膀有几个月的缓解,膝盖只有几周。
Maybe HA injections work better for earlier stages of disease, not sure. Also, I have read that, if the joint is swollen, first steroid might be used, then HA after a month or so for better results.

Hope this help.
Many thanks,
Amelia

注释

Who's Online

Arthuritis
Arthuritis
Breathless
Breathless
Brynmor
Brynmor
patsyd44