When to expect no pain from big toe fusion?

Dodgytoes27
Dodgytoes27 MemberPosts:5
edited 26. Jan 2020, 11:09 inLiving with Arthritis archive
Hi there - im a 33 year old male who is 4 months into recovery from a right big toe fusion due to arthritis. My consultant said it was a successful operation and that the bones had fused well. However, i am still experiencing a degree of pain when i stand or walk for even a short time. When can i expect to be "pain free", or is there really no such thing as 100% pain free?. I realise that everyone heals at different rates, so, is 4 months not really long enough to expect no pain? Sorry, im blethering on a bit, but would like to hear other peoples experiences of their recovery and when they were finally pain free. Thanks everyone.:smile:

注释

• Lavenderlady
    Lavenderlady MemberPosts:409
    编辑30. 11月1日,00:00
    hi I had my toe done on may 18th and had been on A/bs since as the toe was swollen an xray monday showed the plate had snapped the bones were not fused am now in a plaster and find out tomorrow my fate, funnilyu enough I've not really had any pain from day 1 maybe a slight ache and certainly none with a broken toe, which is wierd they did totally removed the joint it was so badly deformed and used a plate and 3 screws, hope it eases soon michelle
  • anniek
    anniek MemberPosts:39
    嗨,我进行了大脚趾手术(尽管没有融合任何脚趾移动),其中有2个螺钉,我还用3颗螺钉固定了3个脚趾,现在我现在3个月,仍然有很多痛苦肿胀,散步和站立是谋杀案,我今天去看顾问,X射线显示出很多软组织肿胀,他说在肿胀发生之前将是另外三个月(因为我有RA),再过3个月前3个月注意到我的脚有区别,他告诉我要重新进行正常活动,而我走的越多,肿胀就越少,希望这对您有所帮助,希望您能尽快感觉有所不同,我知道您如何当我开始消除这一切时,安妮:smile:
  • Dodgytoes27
    Dodgytoes27 MemberPosts:5
    谢谢您到目前为止的投入。我想耐心将成为关键。就我而言,我作为邮递员的工作导致了由于多年来磨损的长时间磨损而导致关节炎。今天的第一天在工作中负责工作,但我甚至发现只站了一会儿,这让人感到不舒服。现在,思考未来,我严重怀疑我是否能够在工作中继续前进。我的左脚趾逐渐变得越来越糟,因此在某个时候可以选择手术。我的顾问确实说仍然有组织肿胀,所以,也许这是造成不适的原因?谢谢。
  • skezier
    skezier MemberPosts:11,333
    Hi Dodgy toes,

欢迎to the forum.

我没有大脚趾融合,他们将关节取出并融合了其他4个,但是他们刚刚拿出了3/4的球关节,然后戴上了销钉。

脚趾痛苦了一段时间,但是20年前,所以我不记得他们花了多长时间。我确实知道我在四个月后仍然很忙。

the toe joints were three quartered after being halved and failing to improve it too much, they also straightened out the top bit that I had broken on both feet and plated them up.

I had infection swelling and pain with that for about 18months in all.... Feet hurt cus they have a lot of nerve endings so they are slower to recover than other bits of you.

Hopefully it will settle but pain free... I don't know. mine aren't but the toes and feet have been helped no wend by the rebuilds they have had over the time. hang in there and it should, with luck settle for you. Nice to meet you. Cris x
  • dachshund
    dachshund MemberPosts:8,281
    Hi Dodgytoes.
    i had a triple fusion just under my toes and my big toe straightened on the 6 june.
    my foot is still in plaster and i'm now putting weight on my foot
    我的脚踝周围只有一点疼痛,只持续了两周,我的脚仍然肿胀。
    我有三个Xray,他们还可以。我在9月6日有石膏。
    good luck i hope things improve for you soon.
    琼xx
  • Lavenderlady
    Lavenderlady MemberPosts:409
    我已经发布了,今天见到我的顾问,我在8月17日被预订,卸下螺钉和螺钉,然后离开去看看骨头是否自然融合了,如果没有融合,请做骨移植,希望我从不打扰:(
  • BIGTOEHURTS
    BIGTOEHURTS MemberPosts:1
    Hi Dodgy toes,

I had my gig toe fused 8 weeks ago and was also wondering when the slight swelling and pain from walking would go away. I was never put in any cast and told just to walk on my heal and the side of my foot (which have also gotten sore). My surgeon is away on holidays and I won't get the results of x-rays until 10 weeks after surgery. I'm getting impatient to walk normally without pain. Any update on your progress?

谢谢,
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! MemberPosts:2,424
    I had my first one done 14 years ago, I have learnt that you don't get something for nothing, I still get pain now. All the weight goes on the other joints and they are now affected by arther(feet/ankles/knees/hips) , often when no weight is on them.

You will find that a well cushioned shoe such as a walking boot helps, due to the angle that the fuse is set at(a few degrees upwards) I find that wearing a size bigger than normal helps and don't do the laces up. Walking is not easy so I use my bike(non-weight bearing). I went back to work after six months and was medically retired from my job soon after.
  • Williamj999
    Williamj999 MemberPosts:2
    As you said it's been four months but the pain is still maybe it will take few more months like 2 or 3 to get a pain free toe hopefully else better to consult a doctor.
  • colinreid
    colinreid MemberPosts:10
    大家好。8周后,我的右大脚趾看起来也肿了,我担心可能发生了一些事情。我不确定这是否是因为我现在穿着鞋子很多吗?
  • StickyWicket
    StickyWicket MemberPosts:26,719
    This is an old thread and I doubt the users will return. Therefore I'd presume it all went well for them in the end even though it does seem to produce very varied recovery times. I guess, if you're anxious about yours, you could always ask your surgeon or GP for an x-ray to check that all is well.

Who's Online

Clemo
Clemo
StickyWicket
StickyWicket
+10Guests
Baidu