Getting more depressed and frustrated

Mike1
Mike1 成员Posts:1,992

I watched the item on GMB featuring the two psychologists this morning about being isolated and the resultant risk of mental health problems and suicide. Indeed there have been a multitude of items all over TV and Radio since lockdown about how people are not managing being in lockdown. My point is HOW THE HELL DO PEOPLE THINK THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME MANAGED BEFORE LOCKDOWN. I am physically disabled, using crutches around my bungalow and a wheelchair. I live alone and have been virtually housebound since the DVLA withdrew my driving licence on medical grounds and I had to get rid of my car. I used to have a Home Help who came once a week for two hours but she is now in 12 week isolation, apart from that I used to see one of my sisters about once a week for an hour, the other one I may see once a year maybe. Other than that I had no social contact. I don't do Facebook or any other form of social media so have no contact that way either, indeed this forum is about the only way I do communicate with others (other than talking to my cat). I appreciate that there are organisations who provide phone support but I do not feel comfortable using them as it means talking to strangers and I have had to rely on myself for the past 20 years, I suppose it is also my ex-forces mentality.

所有这些关于人们如何孤立管理的视频确实在我的头脑中,我变得越来越沮丧,因为绝大多数moan夫人都没有独自隔离,因为他们周围有伴侣和/或家人来支持他们他们。在锁定之前,我或多或少可以独自一人,尽管我承认自己有自己的黑暗时代,但是现在我从抑郁症到真正的mo吟到了。

我的希望是,一旦取消了限制,公众就会记住他们的感受,而对于我们中的那些人单独生活并且实际上是家居的人会有更大的考虑。

标记:

评论

• It is hard. Im in the same boat with isolation. Iv stopped watching tv or listening to the radio. It cant upset you if you dont hear it. ♀️ stay positive! An do things you enjoy!
  • EIR1971
    EIR1971 成员Posts:20

我认为这是自然的正常生活的人ves to struggle in isolation, I don't think having someone to isolate with means it is easier for them or that they have any more support. A lot of households are feeling the strain from being together for virtually 24 hours a day, the rise in domestic violence reflects this.

If it's making you depressed maybe you should stop watching these programmes, concentrate on yourself and improving your own wellbeing rather than focusing on other people.

• 恩典123
    恩典123 成员Posts:7
    edited 8. May 2020, 08:34
    Hi I’m sorry to hear you feel like this. I think the media have turned this into a bit of a competition and it really shouldn’t be. Every single person is experiencing changes to their lives to some extent and everyone is potentially struggling.
    我不是盾牌,但我严格陷入社会疏远。我是一名护士,我必须在家工作,所以我确实感到非常沮丧,因为我喜欢从我身上带走的工作。
    我的孩子遵循标准的社会距离准则。它们都非常活跃,并且一直习惯。他们的世界颠倒了。我认为他们被允许mo吟并感到沮丧。
    Everyone is facing their own problems and they shouldn’t have to hide how they are feeling. Please don’t think it means people don’t care or are not aware that there are others are in a more difficult situation than themselves. Sending you best wishes at this very difficult time.
  • Mike1
    Mike1 成员Posts:1,992

Thank you Grace for putting my comments into context; I apologise for the way in which I framed my comments, on reflection I probably should not have commented on the subject in the first place. As I did mention I have dark days and it is often easier for me to descend into the abyss than pull myself up. You have my admiration and total respect.

• 嗨,迈克,我的帖子确实是为了突出显示并试图向您保证,许多面对自己的问题的人仍然真正关心他人。这是一个非常奇怪和孤独的时期,正如您所说,对于一个独自生活的人来说,这一定很难。保重xx
  • 嗨,迈克,I am so sorry to read that this horrible, tragic and, as I often feel, frightening situation, is having such a profound affect on you. I cannot say truthfully that I know how you feel, although my mobility problems sound very similar to yours, I have my Husband and 32 year old Downs Syndrome Son to share my home with. I find my mood changing so dramatically from hour to hour and I have to keep reminding myself how lucky I am and not let the feelings of real terror of how I will cope if I should lose my Husband first. How Selfish does that make me sound!! I'm ashamed of these feelings and keep reminding myself how my glass is half full and not half empty. Do you like writing? I find it very helpful to write a sort of diary/journal, it is quite challenging to be totally honest with yourself. You will have helped a lot of people to understand things that they couldn't even imagine and you have my total admiration and respect for managing to share your feelings. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you to receive whatever will bring you comfort. Sending a big cyber hug.

Lyn x

• Aj_x
    Aj_x 成员Posts:206

嗨,迈克,

只有一点与关节炎的消息给您想beplay体育怎么下载知道您的状况如何?

很难孤立,尤其是当您以前做过喜欢开车等的事情在无法控制的情况下被带走了。

我知道你说过你不想和陌生人交谈,但我一时兴起,我把关节炎与关节炎相关编号beplay体育怎么下载0800 5200 520以防万一您想与某人交谈。

Also Lyn1066 you don't sound selfish at all. Why would you? If truth be told I am the same. I wouldn't cope at all if my husband was to go first.

但请注意,我们都在这里互相交谈,求助热线数在上面,而且我也附上了与关节炎网站的链接。beplay体育怎么下载

AJ_X

• 您好迈克(Mike) - 我完全感谢您的感受,并尽可能地避免新闻 - 幸运的是,我的爱好正在研究任何我不了解的一切 - 除了病毒(!)。我们的患者需要的是一种止痛药,它是安全的,可以让我们独立的。当思想接管并感到迷失时,我会生我的气,所以我完全理解 - 但是我们不需要被告知“持久效果”或其他东西 - 不会有任何迈克 - 我们仍然是我们的身份最好的健康和活跃的人也都有“休息日”的日子,因此下车是完全正常的。你听起来像个坚强的人,没有什么能让你夺走的 - 不会!承认您有时候的感觉就是一切!达夫。

• kazandnoo
    kazandnoo 成员Posts:126
    嗨,Mike1,我同意您所说的话,人们孤立的人将是奇怪和困难的,但这是为了健康,比风险风险厌倦了!正如您所说,这是您大多数时候对您的样子,但是您有可爱的猫泼妇,我敢肯定会有帮助。猫是我发现的很棒的公司。由于有了泼尼松龙,我继续参加银屑病关节炎,所以我在“流感刺戳”组中,所以我仍然在工作,但必须严格地社交距离,我做到了,我也希望别人也能!

谁在线上

五
+1客人
Baidu