Getting anxious

Apart from staying at home because of the virus I am virtually housebound anyway as the DVLA took my driving licence away last year, as a result I have not been anywhere apart from the village shop since January. As I live alone I rarely see anyone. Now that the British Legion gave me a folding electric wheelchair last week it opens up the opportunity for me to go further than a mile. My baby sister, who works in ASDA, has taken the day off on Friday to take me out for my birthday (62) to the garden centre which I have been looking forward to immensely, HOWEVER, now it is getting closer I am becoming increasingly anxious about going. Even though we have both sorted out face masks, hand sanitiser and so forth I am still worried that we may come across people who don't care about social distancing, the last thing I need to do is get a dose of the virus as I fear that it will be "night night" although that would be a cure for the constant pain of OA! The horror stories that my sister has mentioned about people's behaviour in the shop where she works does not fill me with much hope. So I have 2 days to make my mind up.

评论

• 嗨,祝你好运。我一直感觉非常相似,尽管幸运的是每天仍然能够散步。忙碌的商店让我感到紧张,我已经避免了他们。
    I don’t know if this will help but you could possibly ring ahead and ask about how they are enforcing social distancing and which times of day are quieter. Or maybe go to a nice park with plenty of space and take a picnic?
  • kazandnoo
    kazandnoo 成员帖子:126
    Hi , I do hope you manage to go for your visit to the garden centre,I'm sure your sister will look out for you in case anyone isn't behaving and steer you away from them. I too am nervous about going to our local garden centre as I haven't been anywhere ( but work) since the middle of March but my husband is planning on taking me next Wednesday and I'm going to try it to see how I feel about things. I was told about the Virustatic face shield so I googled it,then ordered one! Hope this helps,good luck
  • 我没有需要保护或自我隔离但是我也e only been going out about once a week, and my OH does most of the food shopping. I live somewhere semi rural, so the supermarkets haven’t been too crowded (actually very quiet). Did my first garden centre trip today, they had set out a very carefully planned queuing system, “one in one out” door control, sterilised trolleys, Ppl in the garden centre were all very careful and considerate. It’s mostly older ppl and couples, who probably (but not always!) tend to be equally worried and considerate as compared with say a big family supermarket. I took my face mask and sanitiser, and overall it was a fairly stress free trip. Very few bedding plants sadly (there’s a supply problem at our garden centre) so I had to improvise a bit, but my 91 ye old Mum was delighted to see a load of geraniums, violas, lavender etc turn up in her garden. If you’re careful with sanitisers etc and watch out for what others are doing, so long as you’re not shielding, it’s probably fairly low risk. But as someone else said, ring ahead first and ask them what their arrangements are to set your mind at rest. If in doubt, or if you just don’t feel you’re ready for it, then don’t go, as it would be pointless if it stressed you out so much you couldn’t enjoy it. Tbh now is prob a safe-ish time to go, before the dreaded “second wave” starts up.
  • Mike1
    Mike1 成员帖子:1,992

现在对此感觉好一些。与花园中心核对,他们不允许人们进入内部,只有在设置系统的室外区域。

• Lilymary
    Lilymary 成员帖子:1,582

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy it

• Dreamdaisy
    Dreamdaisy 成员帖子:31,520

May I wish you a happy birthday for tomorrow and, should you decide to do it, I hope you enjoy your trip out. DD

• 达夫
    达夫 成员帖子:45

我了解迈克的感觉 - 尽管我聚集在一起,但从星期一开始,我仍然非常担心混合。自去年以来,我现在一直在家,因为我没有开车,而我的“护理人员”访问主要是在房子或社交周围的工作。当然,3月23日停止了。从那以后再也没有见过任何人,我的焦虑水平也大大增加了 - 以及疼痛。今天,经过很多思考 - 多亏了在Aftus Anterlis网站上阅读有关帮助的信息,我已经在当地联系了CBT治疗师,我们每周一次通过电话进行beplay体育怎么下载50分钟的课程。这很昂贵,但对我来说,任何事情都比服用焦虑/抑郁症药物更好,因为某些副作用使您摇摇欲坠,昏昏欲睡和有愚蠢的风险,例如留出煤气环或煮沸的东西干燥。我也一直在尝试CBD油 - 到目前为止,我还没有注意到缓解疼痛的差异,但压力水平略有改善。再次非常昂贵 - 只需要希望有时有效的关节炎治疗就会浮出水面。海伦。

• Lilymary

Hi Helen, on a few occasions in my life I’ve found the answer in “throwing money at the problem”, not in terms of retail therapy, but just grabbing what’s available in the hope that one of them, or all of them combined, will make a difference. The down side is that you can’t be sure which one(s) were most effective, but I’ve never done anything so stupid that way that I regretted it.

我可以理解,在有效地将“大坏狼”藏在室内数周的室内之后,现在是时候出门了,您可能会感到如此焦虑。我无法对CBD油发表评论,但希望CBT对您有用。我发现过去很有帮助。During a recent difficult spell I found a book called “How to be Miserable” (by Randy Paterson) really useful, it’s quite a light read, and it shows by reverse psychology how some of the ways you approach life are guaranteed to make you unhappy. It’s not a ghastly “how to be brilliant and rule the world” type book, it just gently, and a little tongue-in-cheek, points out that a few small subtle changes can make quite a difference.

如果有帮助,我平均每周出门一次或两次,而现实的确并不像我们希望我们相信的那样可怕。大多数人都很明智和体贴,商店等建立了一些非常安全的系统,因为他们想保护自己的员工并被视为保护公众。希望你一切顺利。起初感觉有些奇怪,但是其他所有人仍然掌握了它,所以还有很多其他焦虑的面孔“一起”

• Lilymary

我没有意识到这是你明天的生日迈克,希望你有美好的一天。许多快乐的回报。

• Mike1

感谢DD和Lilymary。我有点期待着今天,手指交叉的一切都会好起来的。我追随了几个植物,花园里的知更鸟需要一些蠕虫。我想我也必须为泼妇那里得到一种享受,否则她一会儿不会和我说话,如果我出去,她真的会变得很上重。

• Lilymary

Hope the garden centre has what you want, if not, improvise and call it “Covid gardening!”.

• Dreamdaisy
    Dreamdaisy 成员帖子:31,520

迈克,您好,我希望您出去玩,开心,新套件的好。DD

• Mike1

Well, we went for it. My baby sister came over and we set off about 10:30, she wore a mask in the car and we kept the windows open. On arrival it was not too busy and I was pleasantly surprised to see that everyone was keeping to the 2 metre distancing. Managed to get a few bits that I wanted including a nice Acer and a new pottery pot to put it in which looks good next to my pond. Got the meal worms for the birdies but couldn't find anything for my cat, luckily I had some Bernard Matthews cooked Turkey in the fridge (I only buy it for her) so gave her some of that when I got home. We were only out for about an hour and a half but as it was my first outing since January it was great. The new wheelchair was very comfy but it will not go over loose gravel and doesn't like slopes. Knackered when I got home though as getting in and out of a car hurts as does many other things, only had a couple of swigs of Morphine whilst out though. Back into isolation!

• kazandnoo
    kazandnoo 成员帖子:126
    I'm so glad your trip went well
  • 腊肠
    腊肠 成员帖子:8,366

大家好,我的问题是

。残疾厕所何时打开,我有一个钥匙,但是直到那时我才能购物(((((()))

谢谢

• Mike1

Everywhere is different, ask your Council or check out their website.

谁在线上

五
+1Guest
Baidu