Working as a nurse in dentistry with inflammatory Arthritis

嗨,我患有三年的类风湿/炎症性关节炎,并担任护士的牙科全职工作。想知道我在全国范围内的指导是什么,我是否应该与患者面对面。

I have had a risk assessment at work that says I am high risk Environment and Moderate Risk disease. I have just had my methotrexate raised back up to 25mg from 15mg, after it was lowered in January 2020 after having break through pain.

Could anyone advise or have you had similar queries?

评论

• Anna
    Anna ModeratorPosts:624

Hi@Blizard1,

欢迎to the online community!

Working face to face with patients while taking methotrexate is an issue that needs to be considered carefully ,and the Government information about it does change pretty regularly.

The Versus Arthritis gives up to date information about RA and Covid 19 - you might find it useful to check it out:

There's a section on employment advice and assessing your risk which might be helpful. There may well be other members of the forum who will also be able to share their own experiences.

Best wishes, do let us know how you're getting on.

Anna

• Hi blizard

I am in a similar position. I have rhumatioid arthritis and i am on 25mg methotrexate. Soon to be moving onto biologics in addition. I am a police officer so i have had to work through the pandemic. I have been told i am high risk. That is from occupation health an rheumatology but im not clinically high ie shielding.
    Luckily I am office based and no contact with the public however i have had to fight for the ability for social distancing from colleagues. After being instructed to follow strict social distancing. It has took then till now for them to facilitate that.....just to be told this week shielding is over so their guidance is they do not have to provide 2m distancing for me anymore. Who knows?!
    Iv had no guidance from rheumatology so i have no idea if that is correct and there seems to be so much info online for shielding category but nothing for those that are high risk but not clinically high. I feel we have just been forgotten about. Im now getting pressured by management to return operational duties where i could potentially be coming into contact with people who are both symtomatic or asymptomatic. Even covid related deaths. Its a complete nightmare.
  • Mike1
    Mike1 MemberPosts:1,992

Hello, hello, hello! (Sorry couldn't resist) Seriously though I have a tremendous respect for you are your colleagues, I tried to join the Police when I left the armed forces but my eyesight was not up to the minimum required standard. Anyway, I too am supposedly high risk as I receive the annual flu vaccine but I am not clinically high risk as I do not have any of the listed conditions and am not taking any of the listed meds as I have OA. Luckily I am too far gone to work so am able to shield as best I can. Can you get any help or support from the Police Federation?

• Hi mike1
    It all down to public health guidance. The police however are exempt from following the distancing guidance due to their job being 'necessary' so im stuck between a rock an a hard place. ♀️
    我在苏格兰。我到处都不熟悉规则,但聊天将距离远至1M?我找不到它的来源,老实说,我完全迷失了方向。一切都疯了。可以在英格兰做某事,而不是在威尔士或苏格兰有点做某事。老实说,有人如何保持住宿能够跟踪我们被允许做的事情?
  • MoWW
    MoWW MemberPosts:67

Hi,@Blizard1and@Gemthom85感谢您的帖子,我已经查看了有关屏蔽和工作与工作权利的一些链接,这可能会有所帮助。

British Society for Rheumatology Covid-19, this also includes specific information for healthcare workers.

in early July 2020 there was communication from Scottish Government on shielding,https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/advice-and-guidance/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-tailored-advice-for-those-who-live-with-特定医学条件/文档/风湿条件/风湿条件/govscot%3Adocument/患者%2Binformation%2Bleaflet-%2B%2B%2BFor%2BPEOPLE%2BPEOPLE%2BWITH%2BWITH%2Bwith%2Brheumatic%2Brheumatic%2BCINDICENPDF

ACAS gives guidance to employers on supporting staff returning to work,

For individuals of working age within Scotland, Versus Arthritis have a Working Well service which I manage, offering information and guidance on work related issues. Contact[电子邮件保护]if you wish to get in touch.//www.wfysxh.com/additional-services/working-well-with-arthritis/

Hope this helps,

Mo

Who's Online

Tigerfeet
Tigerfeet
Fif
Fif
Forgotten
Forgotten
Baidu