Getting more anxious

As restrictions are starting to relax this weekend I was looking forward to going the mile and a half to Marazion on my mobility scooter for a breath of fresh air and change of scenery HOWEVER Cornwall is already filling up with the majority of second home owners down here already. My sister works in an ASDA near a couple of holiday parks and says that the shop is extremely busy. I fear that come Monday we will be swamped with people down here like we were last time the lockdown ended. So instead of giving myself a breather from being stuck indoors, guess what, I am staying at home and not going anywhere even though I have had the jabs, I simply don't trust people not bringing the virus with them. Last time two thirds of the patients on the Covid ward at our only main hospital were from out of the County.

评论

• Lilymary
    Lilymary MemberPosts:1,582

我们在这里处于同一位置,我避免了热点,直到明年外国旅行再次开放!

But I take the view that Covid will always be around, and the vaccination is the best protection we’re going to get. You can carry it, and pass it on, as a vaccinated person, (although I believe it’s less likely to be passed on by someone who’s vaccinated) but the jab means you just won’t end up in hospital with it. So even if you meet an unvaccinated person with Covid, you will end up as ill (or not) as if you caught it from someone who was vaccinated. Even when we’re all vaccinated, it will still be around just like flu, which can also sadly result in death for some, but we’ve learned to live with it.

我们不能永远永远留在室内,最终我们将不得不习惯再次出门。Stay masked up, sanitise your hands like mad, wash your hands as soon as you get home, even wipe down your purchases if it will help you feel safer (although I think the jury’s out on that one), and choose carefully where you go. It will feel odd, but maybe if you go out early in the day the streets will be quieter while the tourists sleep off their hangovers.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton MemberPosts:27,878

They shouldn't be there until after 12th April Mike!

Same here though. My weekly treat as you know is my husband taking us for a drive through 'posh' coffee at the weekend and the car parks were full here yesterday! It's incredible。Hopefully it's just locals breaking free before it's really allowed.

I think we must take@Lilymary's advice and get out albeit at less 'normal' times of the day. I have to bank some money. Now I have found out there is a cashpoint outside the bank I am going in a minute on a Sunday so I should meet no-one! Hopefully.

You deserve a life you really do I hope you will try some off-peak trips out.

I know there is only one hospital in Cornwall, but the vaccine is supposed to mean that most people don't need to be admitted. Watch the figures and take your own precautions.

Take care

• Mike1
    Mike1 MemberPosts:1,992
    crowd.jpg

好吧,这证明我的焦虑不是错误的。限制放松了,太阳出来了,白痴也是如此!也许应该汇编一本书,而不是“在哪里”,而不是“在哪里”,除了像这样散布病毒的人们都聚集在一起!

• 哦,不迈克,这是可怕的。为什么do people think there's no covid in the countryside? It's not like the virus takes a holiday too. After the first lockdown was eased last year I saw pub tables in our village crammed with people, obviously not from the same household, no masks, like the whole thing was over. I wonder how many of them took a extra souvenirs home to their family and friends.

只要避开蜂蜜罐和忙碌的时间。对于那些住在旅游目的地的人来说,这将是艰难的一年,但至少我们现在已经接种疫苗,明年他们都会回到西班牙。保重,并尝试保持冷藏。X

• frogmorton
    frogmorton MemberPosts:27,878

There is less COVID in rural areas because it's less densely populated, but now looking at that pic it is非常densely populated so I fear the consequences.

The minute the sun comes out people go mad

• Mike1
    Mike1 MemberPosts:1,992
    编辑12. 2021年4月,06:15

So here we are, the 12th of April when non-essential shops, outdoor attractions and pubs serving outdoors open up. Just to justify my concerns on the news this morning there were films of a couple of pubs which opened at midnight with people quaffing lots of alcohol and, guess what, no social distancing. And people waiting outside shops for them to open either with no masks on or not being worn properly, i.e. noses not covered! Also crowds outside the church where the Royals gathered for a service following the passing of Phil the Greek with hardly a mask in sight and again no social distancing. Words fail me, well polite words anyway!!

• 恐怕别人,我们对这种愚蠢的行为无能为力,除非尽我们所能确保自己的安全。但这真是令人讨厌,我同情。当这些白痴引起下一个尖峰并感到沮丧时,请等待下一个锁定,因为酒吧再次关闭。可悲的是,没有太多参与思考。“无法治愈愚蠢”。

Who's Online

Tigerfeet
Tigerfeet
五
Forgotten
Forgotten
Baidu