请骨关节炎建议!

Robin59
Robin59 成员文章:27
编辑17. 2021年8月,09:27 问好

嗨,我叫安妮特(Annette),我61岁,臀部骨关节炎。直到最近,我认为我已经很好地应对了,我还是一名助教,尽管情况逐渐变得更糟,但它并没有阻止我工作!但是自从去年的锁定以来(我有11个星期不工作),我认为我可能没有帮助自己,因为我没有足够的努力,花了很长时间坐着(阅读,计算机工作),并且自己的支出也很远。一个人的时间很多,这对心理健康不利。去年11月,我也有一只狗,这没有帮助。在暑假期间,我一直在考虑自己的选择,工作时间更少,不幸的是,早期退休很大,这取决于我的财务状况,这不好。我不得不申请普遍的信贷(因为我在代理商工作,在学校假期期间没有获得报酬),几天前我申请了PIP。

我really don't want to not work partly because of the money and partly because as I said above it isn't good for your wellbeing, but I have no idea what else I could do or if schools would even be prepared to still employ me if my mobility is affected which it is.

对此最初的信息很长时间表示歉意,但我非常感谢任何实用的建议或阅读他人的经历。我正在尝试进行练习,甚至在坐下时间坐了更长的时间时,我甚至还买了一个踏板运动器。

非常感谢

Comments

• 克里斯布
    克里斯布 主持人文章:325

你好@annettemcd欢迎来到与关节炎论坛。beplay体育怎么下载

我see that you have OA of the hips and that during lockdown you’ve been less active than usual due to working less and sadly losing your dog.

我note that you are trying to do exercises and have acquired a pedal exerciser.

您应该在此处找到一些有用的信息,包括我们网站的练习例程:

我不是员工法专家,但与关节炎确实有专家,如果您确实有任何工作场所问题,可以为beplay体育怎么下载您提供支持,这是由于您的学校就业限制了。此链接向您展示了如何与合适的人接触,如果您有必要:beplay体育怎么下载

希望您能收到其他论坛成员的一些有用的反馈。

最好的祝愿

克里斯布(主持人)

• Jona
    Jona 成员文章:330

嗨,我在一月处于您的职位

我t’s not easy losing a fur baby it will make you feel worse and unsure while your grieving and I’m sorry I lost mine last year she was beautiful and I miss her every day, if working makes you feel better and you manage with your pain stick with it they can’t discriminate because of your age or disability

我感到非常孤立,并且没有保持活跃,但我的双手和膝盖和脊椎确实给我带来了很多痛苦

写一个支持和反对列表和做的好处you the most there’s always a solution I miss working but I don’t miss the struggle

good luck I’m sure you will reach the right decision big hugs

• Robin59

嗨,乔纳(Jona)非常感谢您的评论,这让我感到更好,因为我知道自己不是唯一的一个。您可以想象,我可以理解您对狗的感觉,需要花费一些时间才能克服它。我认为宠物是一个很好的帮助,但怀疑我是否能够负担另一个。

我很犹豫做什么最好的,我've just applied for PIP but other than that it's a waiting game, I've always found the Summer holidays a difficult time and I just feel the Osteoarthritis stops me doing the things I enjoyed and the things I did to keep myself busy! I am feeling quite low about things at the moment but maybe that will change if I find I can still do work, perhaps less hours. Do you actually get PIP? I tried last year but it wasn't successful.

• 麦克风1
    麦克风1 成员文章:1,887

Making the decision to give up work is not easy and when I did 10 years ago my GP had been telling me to do so for months, in the end the decision was relatively easy as I was having trouble walking and writing and frequently had to call jobs off at the last minute which is not the thing to do when self-employed! I applied for, and got, PIP as I am disabled and live on my own; bearing in mind that PIP is designed to cover the additional costs of being disabled, you don't get it just because you are disabled. I was also able to get my pension payed early from a previous employer on the basis that if I was still working for them at the time I would have been retired on medical grounds (I was 52 at the time), after an independent medical that they set up it was approved. The worst thing I have found is that I am still in a state of mourning for what I am no longer able to do, being ex-forces and physically fit and fond of the gym, martial arts etc and now a wheelchair user. I live alone and am a cat person, I can honestly say that without my cat I don't know whether I would still be here; fortunately she is a good listener and needs me to look after her! Find something that you enjoy doing and can do, I have reverted to childhood (if I ever left it) and make models and dioramas. I can only do 10/15 minutes at a time before my hands, neck or something else gives out and I have to rest but I get satisfaction out of it and the end results are pretty good if I say so myself. My lounge looks like a museum though! Again, luckily the cat doesn't complain!!

• 你好麦克风

非常感谢您的评论。在我看来,我对您的抱怨要比您要少得多,而我为您的积极态度钦佩您。我同意很难接受我不能做我以前认为理所当然的事情。我不想直到66岁(因为我是一名助教,无论如何都不可能),但我想我只是想到我会尝试再继续前进并建造几年如果可以的话,我的退休金。麻烦是在一所学校里,您必须合理地移动,而我在上一学年一直在挣扎。对我来说,主要的担心是财务,我负担不起退休。我今年61岁,尽管我确实有一项养老金,但还不足以持续5年,直到我可以要求国家退休金。

宠物确实有帮助吗?我非常想念我的狗,我不得不让他在去年年龄末入睡(我有11年以上,这对狗来说还不错,但没有安慰!)他们需要您照顾他们,他们也是房子的存在。

As I said in my original comment I do feel helpless as I have applied for things but have to wait another couple of weeks before I hear anything, one of the reasons I decided to try VersusArthritis is to see what experiences other people have had and maybe someone will come up with an idea I haven't thought of. I feel as if the Osteoarthritis has robbed me of all things I used to do to keep busy, gardening was one but that is so difficult now.

我确实想知道其他人提供了什么样的疼痛缓解?还是有人尝试过并且有效?因为我也是2型糖尿病患者,所以我的GP非常不愿开处方比扑热息痛更强大的东西。

• 麦克风1

Ask your GP for a referral to your local Pain Clinic, they have more experience with pain and will be able to try different meds and treatments which may help you. I have been through the whole gamut of pain killers and am now left on Morphine, as others will tell you as well NOTHING gets rid of the pain it merely knocks the edge off!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary 成员文章:1,363
    edited 22. Aug 2021, 11:13

你好@robin59很抱歉,最近对您来说,事情变得如此艰难。得知你的狗,我很遗憾。像迈克一样,我的猫很棒,让我在糟糕的日子里前进。

恐怕我无法就PIP等建议,我是自雇的,因此不适用于我。但是我的工作也很活跃,臀部中OA的疼痛和移动性减少受到严重限制,因此我的收入几乎减半了。替换手术后4个月我现在已经进行了4个月,但是我的康复速度是非典型的,所以虽然我现在大多无疼痛,但肌肉无力仍然意味着我只工作不到一半。

就我而言,我能够服用比您更强大的止痛药,所以我无法想象您只应对扑热息痛。但是,您可以尝试使用更多的东西。浏览此链接。奇怪的是,尽管这引起了更多的痛苦,但我发现园艺和工作都在分心的基础上有所帮助,即,您将注意力从痛苦中脱颖而出(即使它确实涉及很多咕unt声和奇怪的扭曲)。这也使我的身体其他部位有些锻炼并提高了心理健康。

锻炼也有助于阻止身体的其余部分抓住,这对您的臀部没有好处。该网站上的“让我们一起与Leon一起移动”会议很有帮助,而且非常有趣(不涉及肾上腺素的音乐!),您可以使它们尽可能温和。还有特定于臀部的运动,可以增强臀部周围的肌肉以更好地支撑关节。

(如果您已经看过这些,则很抱歉。)

至于园艺,我发现我重新定位了自己的工作,并找到了新的方法(主要涉及长期处理的工具来减少弯曲),并在较短的爆发中进行了操作。当然,臀部会像以后的那样抱怨,但这对完成了一些事情并弄脏了我的手的满意度超过了。确保您之后的时间安排在休息时间,最好包括第二天,因此也许要延续到星期五下午和周六,这样您就不会大便,并且当您在星期一重新上班时,您的关节仍然不会发炎。疲劳是关节炎的常见组成部分,因此也需要通过节奏自己的步调,允许恢复时间,而不仅仅是“推动”并对自己友善来管理。

最后,我发现的另一个提示是,对于您必须放弃的一切,它太难或太痛苦了,用您喜欢的东西代替它,并专注于您可以做的事情而不是那些不能做的事情。降低的移动性不仅可以关门,还可以带领您朝着新有趣的方向前进

• Robin59

Lilymary非常感谢你的回应。我agree that work takes your mind of the arthritis, so I don't think that the summer holidays have done me any good at all! I am trying to do exercise but I didn't know about the specific exercises for the hip joint so I am going to look at them asap! I have a pedal exerciser which I am using when I sit for longer periods and I also bought myself some weights to strengthen my arms and shoulders. I don't expect miracles but I don't think it will do my any harm. I don't know what I am going to do about work, you have to be fairly mobile working in a Primary school (I can't do special needs any more sadly) But I think it's so important to do something as I think living on my own the lockdown last year and the school holidays have made my situation worse. I think I am at fault there because when I had all the time at home last year I wasn't very mobile at all, I was told I had the Osteoarthritis a few weeks before the lockdown began in the March but just didn't do enough to help myself something I really regret now.

• dozmac
    dozmac 成员文章:5

嗨,Robin59。很遗憾听到您的所有消息。这只是一个快速的帖子。众所周知,很难获得。我丈夫很幸运,第一次得到了。我们使用了许多在线资源来帮助完成表格,因为PIP是关于您的病情如何影响您的,而不是病情本身。回答任何问题时,总是根据您最糟糕的一天回复,无论您有时会有更好的日子。如果您确实再次拒绝,请确保您吸引人。大量的人在上诉中获胜,所以不要放弃。您当地的公民建议局也许可以协助。 Some have dedicated benefit experts. Also make sure you are claiming everything you are entitled such as Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit if you rent and help with your mortgage may be available if applicable

很棒的网站有权获得并转2我们都有出色的在线福利计算器,绝对值得使用。如果我能有任何进一步的帮助,请问x

• 麦克风1

有人说,索赔人被故意拒绝供PIP钱!!从第一天起,我就被授予了PIP生活元素的较高率,但出行率较低。当我的病情恶化时,我需要更加依赖轮椅,我申请了更高的机动性,并且由于评估人员的公然谎言而被拒绝了(幸运的是,我在评估中有一位见证人,我都去了)上诉提交了所有必要的文书工作等,并在董事会前花了整整5分钟,然后才向我授予更高的利率。除了上面的dozmac的良好建议外,还请与您的县议会的成人社会护理部门联系,许多工作人员将指导您完成上诉程序,甚至可以在要求时陪伴您上诉。

• Jona

嗨,Robin59,

Sorry couldn’t answer sooner I applied for pip 9 years ago and took it to appeal there were 3 in the room 2 middle aged women and a 30 something man I believe he was the doctor, he barked at me and was rather disgusting tbh the women took his lead so I walked away and was awarded nothing the whole process was humiliating and abhorrent my son told them what he thought of them and they just said with a huge degree of superiority they were sorry he felt that way he replied he was disgusted with them and the system that has been created to fail so we left. But don’t let that put you off I’m the 1 in 10

我carried on working but have pushed myself and my spine has deteriorated badly now I walk with a stoop and the pain is unbearable the drs give me any painkillers I want, I’m told a bone spur pressing on a nerve is causing the severe tinnitus which drives me to distraction it’s horrendous but still they do nothing my blood tests used to be high for RA but now normal and now nearly all my blood tests are abnormal but they still don’t know what to do sounds incredible but true.

The good news is after the 4 drs reports for ill health retirement I’ve been awarded it but have to wait 3 months for the amount but I have now got ESA and awaiting universal credit decision so if I’m frugal financially I should manage, my son has taken over my car so one less debt to worry about but as they say onward and upwards

希望您保持健康并保持下巴

• Robin59

嗨,乔纳,谢谢你的回复

The school holidays are nearly over so I am beginning to panic. Usually I would be confident of finding another school role (17 years as teaching assistant working for local authority and 3 for Agencies) but the Osteoarthritis has ruined that. I am 61, 62 in November and up to a few years ago I could have considered retirement, but that isn't an option now I can't afford to take early retirement so somehow have to carry on. I've just finished a role at a local school I was very lucky that the class teacher was more of a friend than a colleague and my mobility issues were never mentioned. I know I did a good job. But I just don't know what to do now, the Agency will look for other roles for me but my huge concern is that a different school won't want me because I am not fit, the school I just left may want me back but can I manage it? So many worrying questions. I don't feel there is any help out there, I have applied for Universal Credit (Agencies don't pay during holidays) and I had a Fit note from my GP because otherwise UC would expect me to 'actively look for work' this runs out on the 5th when schools go back. I stupidly applied for PIP wish I hadn't bothered, I spoke to an abrupt Welfare Benefits advisor from the local council who told me I didn't have a hope of getting anything, and the Job centre hasn't been any help at all. I don't want to give up work altogether not just because of the financial implications but because of my mental wellbeing too. I live on my own and go days without seeing or talking to anyone I don't think that does anyone any good. I'm sorry if this is rambling on a bit but it helps to write it down I just feel so helpless. If you or anyone else reading this can give any practical advice I would be very grateful, I don't know about you but it isn't sympathy I want (sympathy doesn't pay the bills) but understanding.

• 你好@robin59A couple of thoughts which might help:

Some years ago I helped a number of people apply for Attendance Allowance which is a different benefit to PIP, etc. I learnt you needed careful wording in the application and to appeal whenever an application was rejected. Internet research should help with both.

我认为助教角色是预期合理的流动性的角色。但是,还有其他角色适合您的特定技能,经验和更有限的机动性吗?有您在学校和机构的联系,例如,您可以获得学校秘书或管理职位?或者,也许您有计算机或电话技能,可以让您在家或办公室工作?也许与职业顾问或一些横向思维和互联网研究的讨论有助于提出可能性。

祝您好运。

• Jona

嗨,Robin59,

我totally understand and get where your coming from and I know just how stressed you are I’m in the same position, pip is about how your condition affects you in your daily life ive never been shown any sympathy with either the medical professionals or social security officials there is a website called turn2us you can google it they have advisers there and can tell you what you can or cannot claim

我think women who are of a certain age and are on their own are forgotten and it is worrying I stressed and still do about my future I’m younger in my head but my body is fighting me all the time all I can say is try, try and try again have you looked at working tax credits also?

Jona

• 麦克风1

只有在州养老金年龄并需要身体帮助的情况下,您才能获得出勤津贴。

• frogmorton
    frogmorton 成员文章:27,021

Yes麦克风is right about AA being for those who are over state retirement age, but back in the day it was all called attendance allowance...sigh

• Robin59

谢谢大家的答复,乔纳(Jona在55岁时退休),但是当然,他们都结婚了,如果您独自一人,您就没有相同的选择。我希望没有什么比继续66岁的养老金更好的了,但是如果您患有类似骨关节炎会影响您的活动能力,该怎么办?我的合适音符在5日耗尽了(我今天从通用信用中提醒了这一点,以防万一我忘记了),所以我决定通过电子邮件发送给我的代理商顾问来解释我的移动性问题,并向Jobcentre询问建议!您会看到我在上一个学校的职位上度过了一年,班级老师应该获得一枚奖牌,因为她从来没有反对我,因为我无法快速行动!我对她和学校的负责人的称赞是惊人的,使我感到有用,并且是团队的一部分,不幸的是,作为代理人,您没有安全感。这一切都取决于学校的财务状况。作为助教的工作涉及许多技能,我试图保持积极的态度,因为我知道我做得很好,我拥有20多年的经验并热爱这份工作,但是这足够了,这是否算是什么?我不知道。

我admire all of you that are on here especially those of you who took the trouble to reply to my original message, I will let you know how I get on in the next few weeks, I don't find it easy to be positive but I will try.

对你们所有人最好

• Jona

我真的不明白他们如何让您多年的老师经历如此糟糕的经历,我们迫切需要老师,医生等

我认为您做正确的事情,即代理机构和工作中心,我真的希望他们能为您提出一些东西

• Robin59

That's very kind of you Jona, I'm not a teacher but a teaching assistant so maybe not worth that much!! I do tend to always expect the worst so I might be wrong, we will see. It's just this feeling of having no real options, the osteoarthritis has seen to that. I have always been very active three boys to look after on my own and I did a lot of walking to get from A to B. I am guilty of taking that for granted. I don't know what your GP is like but I seem to talk to GPs who have the attitude ' we can't cure Osteoarthritis so just take painkillers keep active and put up with it!!!' Then I get the added ' So you are also type 2 diabetic, oh dear you can't have strong painkillers' Since the Pandemic started I haven't seen a GP face to face and when I do talk to one it's never the same one. I hope that you and other people on here have had better experiences than me.

• Jona

Your just as important as teachers and don’t let anyone tell you different, I have the same attitude with my gp I’ve even had oh it’s not that bad well it is that bad and hopefully those that say it will know when their turn comes keep your chin up I’m not a fan of the medical professionals some are really good and some are bad but never forget they’re just like us but with a license and a knowledge xx

• Robin59

我did say I was going to post on here when I have some news, if anyone reads this can you accept my apologies if my post is negative or if I have just gone on too much. Today just isn't a good day.

我had been promised a phone call by my Agency consultant on Wednesday, nothing. It is hard enough accepting I can't do my teaching assistant job as I used to do because of my mobility issues but this just makes me feel I am no use if I am not fit enough so why bother even telling me this? I have my first phone appointment with a work coach (universal credit) on Monday so will try and ask the right questions then. I will need another sick note otherwise they will assume I am fit for any type of work, but I was going to see if my Agency Consultant gets back to me first, before I do this (we only get phone consultations here in Sandwell so I would have to request a sick note that way) Otherwise I don't honestly know what to do for the best, I am beginning to panic. I want to work even if it's less hours 6 weeks at home have driven me mad. I am finding it very difficult to be positive, I am 61, young enough to still work, but old enough to feel I am on the scrap heap.

• Jona

你好Robin59! hard as it is please try to stay positive your really having a very bad time I was the same as you but to be honest I’m just going to take one day at a time now otherwise I think I might go a bit mad no matter what we do or how hard we try other people just mess it up for us I fought so hard for so long it’s double the battle on your own I’m on my own and it’s frightening I know but there’s help out there sending you a big hug

我看着一只救援犬现在生病永远无法取代我的孩子,但至少我可以给他或她的爱xx

• Robin59

我会喜欢一只新的狗乔纳(Jona),这会产生巨大的不同,但我应该说,这又取决于金钱。我真的希望您能得到我自己研究的一个,但是很多救援中心想要300英镑或更多,这超出了我。

明天是我没有回去工作的20多年来第一次学期的第一天,所以我认为这让我感到更糟。我们所有人都需要生活的目标,这就是去年让我起床的原因,我知道我做得很好,与可爱的人,当然还有孩子们一起工作。我希望他们没有将退休年龄年龄超过66岁,因为那是使我所有的财务头痛的原因。我不知道该机构是否会找到一个新的角色,或者我是否可以做到这一点,但是我会尝试做什么。

By the way do you do exercises? I am trying to do that too, sitting here now with my pedal exerciser, weights to try and build up my shoulder and arm muscles and some exercises recommended by VersusArthritis, I know I can't expect any miracles but sometimes wonder if it helps at all, it doesn't stop my left leg from locking if I stand too long!!

Fingers crossed for you with the rescue centres, thank you for being there to put up with my moans please feel free to do the same if you need to

• Jona

嗨,Robyn59,

Your so right my purpose at the mo is to get up and keep going just to anger my ex I don’t exercise I wish I could I’ve got arthritis in nearly all my joints now and the pain is horrendous I’ve tried too but I end up crying literally screaming my grandson gave me a toy ball to squeeze so I do that a lot with my hands it mostly just leads to cramp which is horrible.

我f you explain at the rspca or the dogs trust and you can give a dog a good home I’m sure they will work something out for you after all a good loving home is hard to find keep your chin up I say tomorrow is another day I’m doing one day at a time now take care and keep peddling

• Robin59

不用担心乔纳小贩是我在做的事情,my son bought the exerciser for me, originally I was thinking of the winter when even if I am working again I will spend a lot of time sitting watching TV during the evenings. I had this daft idea that if I did the exercises they recommend the Osteoarthritis would miraculously disappear, which of course it doesn't. I don't mind the stiffness so much and even being slower than I used to be but sometimes if I stand for too long my left leg just stiffens up so much it is very painful to move, I just wish there was something I could do to combat that.

我admire your positive attitude I really do you always sound much more accepting than me, I am so frustrated not being able to do things I used to do without thinking about it.

Baidu