如何管理我的臀部OA

Hello everyone

I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of my right hip a few months ago but still finding it exasperating. I am struggling with managing the pain and finding it difficult to get back to any walks again. At the moment I wake up with painful hips which is horrendous when I get up at first. I can’t get a good night’s sleep. I don’t find doctors’ telephone conversations helpful, handing out pain killers and only giving brief advice, so I am hoping to find some help on this forum. The Versus Arthritis website is brilliant and I have done one session of Let’s Move with Leon, which is promising for the future.

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor 行政人员帖子:1,424

你好@LizB12欢迎来到在线社区。

我了解您最近诊断出骨关节炎,并且确实在努力控制疼痛。我真的很同情,每天早晨都会醒来时,肌肉和背部疼痛,而且只有在厨房周围吱吱作响后才开始起作用。

该网站确实可以用于有用的信息。您是否看到了我们的部分臀部骨关节炎

It has some good suggestions on pain management, sleep problems and also there are exercises especially to help with hip pain:

一定会加入整个社区,提出问题,提供支持并致电聊天,并说出您的情况。您将最受欢迎。

All best wishes

Brynmor

• 丽兹B12
    丽兹B12 成员帖子:34

Thank you Brynmor. I shall look at that section and for exercises for hips

丽兹

• Lilymary
    Lilymary 成员帖子:1,375

你好@LizB12,很遗憾听到您的臀部使您的生活如此艰难。我可以完全联系。我现在有了新的臀部,但是痛苦醒来是日常活动。我曾经激励自己起床,因为这意味着我可以得到更多的疼痛杀手。我从敏锐的跌倒沃克(Walker)到只能在痛苦的痛苦中绕过超市。

I won't sugar coat it, it is a tough road, but this fantastic forum, and support of family and friends, got me through it (and still are - it's been a slow recovery in my case). Lockdown did at least give me an excuse to do a lot less work (my job can be very physical), so I must have been one of the very few who was actually grateful for some aspects of the pandemic.

Brynmor建议的臀部练习对您的臀部会更有帮助,但也要继续进行Leon的课程,因为当您疼痛时,整个身体都很容易紧张,并且保持其余的液体确实会有所帮助。它为您加油打气,这也是战斗的一部分。也许值得一游,因为他们可以量身定制适合您髋关节损伤水平的运动方式。我发现,如果您私下去,您可以在需要的情况下进行尽可能多的会议,等待名单很短,而且不像您想象的那样昂贵。大多数人还看到人们现在面对面。

I found this link really helpful - you'll need more than pain killers to get through this. Distraction is a great tool - taking your focus away from pain will help it fade into the background.

您是否被GP转介Xrays,MSK顾问或风湿病学家?鉴于它对您的影响有多严重,这应该是您的下一步。

• 丽兹B12

Thank you for your reply and advice Lilymary. I had a phone consultation with my doctor this morning because I had sciatica symptoms on Saturday and couldn’t get out of bed till my painkillers kicked in. He told me that this problem is with my back - lumbar region and has given me a better regime for painkillers, 2 paracetamols and 1 codeine 3 times a day with 2 codeine at night to help me sleep better. A physio is ringing me on Wednesday to discuss exercises. At last I am getting somewhere and don’t feel so alone, especially now with this forum. I look forward to doing more of Leon’s videos. He does make it fun, especially with his Mum taking part too

• Lilymary
    Lilymary 成员帖子:1,375

你好@LizB12,我很高兴您开始对坐骨神经痛进行整理,并希望您能尽快得到更好的控制。我和臀部中的OA一样受苦,但这并不像您经历的那么糟糕。当您在那里时,值得与生理学聊天。你有X射线吗?令人惊讶的是,如果您没有意识到,可能会潜伏到那里有多少伤害。到我的开始时,我们已经X射线已经在需要更换的阶段了。您描述的痛苦听起来确实可能是问题的一部分。

• 丽兹B12

你好@lilymary, I had my hip X rayed just over 2 months ago. I had a fall in December and thought I had strained my thigh. When it was slow to heal I eventually was seen by a health practitioner who mentioned arthritis. The X ray diagnosis was such a shock. It showed a narrowing of the spaces, some osteophytic lipping and early/mild degenerative changes. I have heard though that an X ray doesn’t always reflect the pain felt. I am looking forward to what the physio says on Wednesday and to hopefully have an exercise plan relative to my problems. It is difficult to adjust to the changes in my life because of arthritis. It’s a good thing that I have a kind understanding husband . I do miss being able to go for a decent walk. Exercises will have to do

• 威士忌26
    威士忌26 成员帖子:48

你好@LizB12我来o have OA in both hips (right slightly worse than left) and I understand your frustration with it. I was diagnosed back in October 2020. I had no symptoms,other than what I thought was sciatica and a slight wobble from side to side when I walked. It was only when sent for x-rays I found out the real cause. I cried a lot and sometimes still do, but it changes nothing. Once you accept things aren't going to change, you can adapt and move forward. I now walk with a stick and can only go short distances before I'm in pain and have to stop. Frustrating, because walking was one of my hobbies, but I can still walk, so I tend to look at it that way. Another of my hobbies is gardening and again, I can't do it like I used to, but I still can do it with some minor adaptations. I have really bad referred pain in my knee and so I've been referred back to physio and I'm hoping they can give me some exercises to help the pain, as I can't weight bear on my right side at all. What I'm trying to say is, you aren't alone, I understand fully how you feel and people on here are all in the same boat and I've found them all very kind and supportive.

• 丽兹B12

你好@whenkey26感谢您的同情评论。那意义重大。需要一段时间才能适应诊断,但是与解释正在发生的事情的生理学交谈后,我感觉好多了。我的背痛是由于我的s骨关节发炎,应在6-8周内沉降。如此放心。她告诉我,我正在做正确的练习来提供帮助,应该每半小时起身四处走动。很难记住这样做。我今天设法和一些亲戚一起去吃午餐,感觉更正常。我和我一起坐垫。当您说您至少可以走路时,即使不是很长时间,您都是对的。 Baby steps. I hope your knee pain soon eases

• 威士忌26
    威士忌26 成员帖子:48

你好@LizB12很抱歉,我只是在这里的讨论中滚动回去,意识到您回复我后从未回答过您!我很抱歉。我可以同情您的背部疼痛,因为我的小女儿大约两岁(她现在26岁)就患有sa骨炎。我希望现在为您解决,您正在设法应对关节炎?

• 丽兹B12

没关系@whenkey26。很容易错过评论。我感觉好多了。我记得在与生理学交谈后,我在浴缸里徘徊并损坏了我的尾骨,这增加了sacroilliisis。这需要几个月的康复,但有了很大的改善。我的背部和臀部的疼痛要少得多,因此只有早晨和晚上服用扑热息痛。我必须跟上练习,否则我的痛苦和僵硬回来了!我在12月底有一个MSK诊所预约(在6月份被推荐!),因此希望当时找到更多。我现在只是从一个温和的木瓦中恢复过来,所以希望圣诞节能变得更好。我希望明年能像我们一样更好。

I hope you’re coping ok with your restricted movement.

谁在线上

皱纹
皱纹
+7客人
Baidu