Secukinumab

I had a consultation with my new rheumatology consultant today. She thinks the Amgevita I am currently on may be waning in its efficacy. I'm significantly better than before - I'd reckon that if my worst state last June before being put on Amgevita was a 10/10 then I'm currently on 1/10 to 2/10. She thinks I should be better than that. She's suggested that it may be better to move me to Secukinumab and is going to organise testing to ensure I'm suitable. I've spent the afternoon reading up on Secukinumab and I'm looking for some real life views so if anyone on this biologic could let me know their views I'd appreciate it. One thing that concerns me is that it appears there is a known possible side effect of sinusitis. I've suffered sinusitis all my adult life - I've had my sinuses 'scraped' - yes that's a technical medical term - and something I wouldn't wish on anyone. As well as that I used to be a 'fainter' due to the sinuses in my neck swelling and putting pressure on my carotid artery and nerve causing me to faint.

So if anyone on Secukinumab is happy to respond with their views I'd appreciate this.

Comments

• Hi JamieA, I've been on secukinumab for a few years now, and I find it has helped a lot.

我曾经患上鼻窦炎问题(extent that I severely damaged them trying to clear them with an over the counter decongestant!)

However since starting secukinumab, I only have a very occasional stuffiness which I always clear with a steam or two.

It's worth a try, I was worried it would cause problems but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. (I always wondered if it's due to the fact it targets inflammation, so in turn your sinuses benefit too?)

Good luck what ever you decide.

Baidu