帖子

卡兹巴兹
卡兹巴兹 Member帖子:66
编辑15. 2021,15:10 患有关节炎

Good evening, I had a THR 4 weeks ago and I must say very little pain apart from the fact my outside lower leg is numb and tingling, I have been told this should all get better, also the compression socks they gave me were so tight after 4 days I had to cut them off as I was in so much pain, having heparin injections for blood clots I decided to leave socks off, has anyone else had these kind of problems. Thank you

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member帖子:1,377

I had THR 4 weeks ago too. My pressure socks were so loose they made little difference! I’m on apixaban pills for blood clots, no problems with them. I’m still in quite a bit of pain and discomfort, particularly around the hip but occasionally to thigh and shin. Worst in the groin (I think they crushed a nerve during dislocation). The outside of my leg is mostly pretty numb, but it does get painful round the scar sometimes. The pain in the first few weeks was about as bad as the OA was! Still, slowly getting better, but really frustrating.

• 卡兹巴兹

嗨Lilymary,我一直关注你的进步,thanks for the laughs I seem to be getting more pain as time passes, I suppose it could be because we are moving more. The numbness in my lower leg is driving me mad, I phoned my doctors this morning to make an appointment regarding not being able to sleep due to lower leg, the earliest appointment was for 27th so that was a waste of time. How are you getting on with your exercises etc?

• Lilymary
    edited 15. May 2021, 00:10

你好卡兹巴兹, I was in too much pain to do much in the first few weeks, but walking seemed less painful so I did a bit of that to start with. The really awful pain has gone now so I’m trying to exercise more, but I tend to forget! I managed two sessions today plus a short walk, but I’m going to make a real effort to do three sessions a day (they only take about 10 minutes each). Too early to say whether they’re helping, but my physio, who I trust, promises they will. I have been spending too long at the computer trying to keep on top of what’s left of my work (I’ve put most of it on hold ‘until further notice’) and that really hurts my hip and rump, so I need to be more disciplined about taking frequent breaks. It’s difficult, as it breaks my chain of thought, but the pain isn’t worth it. You may be right about moving about making it worse, but it has to be done. My physio says it’s time to start pushing myself through the exercises a bit, but to build it up gradually and not overdo it.

你呢?您在此阶段正在尝试哪些练习?您的医院是否有擅长给您锻炼指导,当他们出院时会期望什么等?

sorry to hear about the numbness in your leg. That must be maddening, probably nerve damage, I think that’s why I’ve had restless legs at night more than usual, they keep me awake for hours sometimes, have you tried ringing your surgeon about it? Are you due for a six week follow up? You could raise it with him then,

• 卡兹巴兹

早上好,我的生理学现在使我进入了新的练习,向上和向下的台阶,阻力带工作等。他们确实测试了臀部和腿部,以为我在第一天就过度了。The surgeon did tell me there was slight nerve damage as I couldn’t flex my foot but it would get better and it is improving, to be honest the numbness started after wearing those tight compression socks but I will talk to the surgeon about it when he phones me next week. You are doing better than we regards walks, i have only walked in the back garden and up and down the drive I think I lack confidence at the minute. Time for first set of exercises, resistance band at the ready, hope you have a good day

• Lilymary

你好卡兹巴兹, I don’t do the walks on my own, Mr LM accompanies me. The worst bit is our garden, which is on a steep slope and includes 14 steps, so just walking round the garden isn’t an option for me. You should have seen me trying to get from the car to the front door when I first came home from hospital! Walking was far less painful than exercises in the early days, so it was better than nothing.

您在用阻力带做什么?这听起来像是艰苦的工作!慢慢建立。今天我已经可以做的比几天前要做的要多。

• 卡兹巴兹

你好Lilymary, I will certainly get hubby to come with me, I have to place resistance band round my knees then push my hip side leg out pushing against the band as far as I can, I’m finding doing the up and down on a step the hardest but will persevere, we will both be walking miles later in the year I’m sure

• Lilymary

哇,没有乐队,我发现这足够困难!做得好!我只是开始步骤,我的臀部对此不满意。

• 卡兹巴兹

我刚刚读过您的帖子,不要以为我可以高高地抬起腿,然后移动它,做得好,但不要过度

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member帖子:26,372

It seems to me you're doing really well. I have had two THRs and my husband had his second around the same time as you. It's great that you've had little pain: not so great about the nerve trouble. I wonder, did you have an anterior cut? Most of us have posterior ones. The anterior do tend to cause less pain because the muscles aren't cut but are more susceptible to some temporary nerve damage as the surgeon has much less room to work in.

The dreaded socks? Both I and Mr SW cut ours off after approximately 24 hours (Don't tell anyone)。他两次都被给予血液稀疏。我的操作是很久以前的,但我并非如此,但我认为关键是要继续前进,以使凝块无法形成。您听起来对您的练习感到非常认真,所以我相信您会没事的。

我花了很长时间到外面。我几乎在所有其他关节中都有RA,所以保持直立是一个挑战SW先生已经在没有棍子的情况下朝着村庄走去,开始梦想着高尔夫球场,但他很明智并且仍在进行练习。祝你好运!

• I had posterior one, surgeon did say nerve damage would right itself I sincerely hope so as it drives me mad, it does cause me quite a lot of pain especially at night when I’m laying down, doesn’t interfere with walking and exercises but I am just conscious of it. I couldn’t stand the socks they hurt so much that’s why I cut them off, don’t think the hospital gave me the correct size but I did have 28 day course of injections which have thankfully finished, didn’t really trust hubby with needlebut he was great, I do religiously do my exercises and also elevate my legs in bed and when sitting down. I’m so glad I joined this group it’s informative and also makes me laugh which we all need at the moment. Take care

• Lilymary

@stickywicket, Mr SW walking out and about without a stick! awesome progress! I’m tentatively taking a few steps indoors without mine, but my muscles need to be much stronger, the hip feels very unstable still. I think the pain I had in the first few weeks, which prevented exercise, has knocked me back a lot, but I’ll catch up eventually

• 卡兹巴兹

Well done Lilymary and Mr SW, I haven’t attempted walking without a stick yet, the worse thing I have noticed since operation apart from some pain and the numbness in my leg is the state of my skin I know I am an old wrinkly but now I look like one

• Lilymary

I noticed that too@cazbaz, i’ve got loads of dry skin on my legs that I never had before. My operated leg is still a different colour to it’s partner, right down to my toes. I've tentatively tried a few steps without my stick in the kitchen but I couldn’t call it a success. I still use both crutches outside, and one round the house. I was able to walk out like this (VERY slowly and carefully) within a week of surgery, but oddly it was still too painful to do the exercises. I reckoned the walking was better than nothing.

• 卡兹巴兹

你好Lilymary, every step is a success, just feel proud of yourself.

• 5周后op,除了没有太多的苦痛the numb lower leg until today and I don’t know if I overdid things yesterday but for the first time my hip feels quite tender, ok whilst walking but not so good when it comes to going to bed, not much sleep last night, getting fed up watching The Chase in the early hoursthink I may have to take things a little bit easier tomorrow and see how things go.

• Lilymary

How far have you been walking@cazbaz?你还在拐杖上吗?您在做任何理疗练习吗?

• 你好@Lilymary本周还没去过外面的步行,您会相信我充满感冒,但是我全天在室内大约进行了2000至3000步,我的练习每天两次(10分钟)现在只使用一个拐杖

• Lilymary

这比我要多得多,尽管TBH我应该做更多的事情,但最近疲劳一直在减慢我的速度。我的生理学说,如果我在运动后10分钟内感到酸痛,我可能会做太多。尚未达到这一点!我在屋子里用一个拐杖,但通常是两个时要稳定时。我在本周早些时候的一个拐杖绕着小镇,但我后悔。

• Crookrise
    Crookrise Member帖子:13

My physio told me yesterday that I'd know when I'm ready to walk without sticks when I find myself launching off without them without even realising I'm doing it. He said one stick is fine provided my walking pattern is good but to go back to two when I start to waddle. Also suggested taking a few seconds to stretch out my hips and stand tall every time I stand up.

• Good morning @ Crookrise, I did leave my stick in the toilet and was half way through the kitchen before I realised then I panicked and grabbed the worktop, I guess it’s all a question of confidence. I love a good stretch when I stand upI think the thing I’m finding most difficult is remembering not to bend or twist. I can walk well with bare feet but walking in shoes is another matter, I have a little bit of nerve damage in my leg and foot (surgeon said that would get better)and it is hampering me a little bit when walking in shoes or slippers, hope you are doing well

• 卡兹巴兹

你好@Lilymaryhope you are well, you seem to be walking outside much more than me which I’m very envious of, I really must try harder next week, hopefully the weather will improve, my only problem is as I don’t sleep much at night I do tend to nap a lot during the day when I should be active but one can only do ones best. Keep up the good work

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member帖子:26,372

卡兹巴兹(Cazbaz),你只是让我意识到为什么我总是如此慢,走上后走。我的手无法握住拐杖或棍子,所以我总是刚走到家具后。我们在花园里没有任何好吧,不方便地放置。

Re daytime napping - it takes a long time for anaesthetic to get out of the system and pain relief can add to the sleepiness. Mind you, I've always reckoned Mr SW's eyes close automatically once his bottom hits the recliner seat. Nothing to do with ops, anaesthetic or pain relief.

He's now managing 20 min walks (no more sticks) but still exercising three times per day as his aim is to get back on the golf course asap with as full a range of movement as possible. I can only encourage him. Even in the best of marriages you can have too much togetherness

• 你好@stickywicket, yes I blame the painkillers for napping during the day, shame they don’t work at night I had the spinal injection which was great, my goal next week is too go out every day for a walk I just wish I could walk better with shoes on, it’s too cold to go outside barefooted, I agree about togetherness, this is the most time we have spent together in 52 years, I think hubby is getting a tad fed up with it

• Lilymary

@stickywicket,我羡慕SW先生没有棍子。在没有拐杖的情况下,我的每一步都在左边摇摆。因此,我还有很长的路要走。需要更多针对性的练习。

I’m on just a few paracetamol a day now, but I still have very sleepy days. I try not to let myself nap to avoid a bad night’s sleep, but I still get bad nights anyway when my legs start their party tricks.

• 今天感觉像僵尸,昨晚根本没有睡觉,当我再次躺在身边时,我会感到非常高兴,就像今天早上种植4个吊篮一样,我已经做好了一些事情,外面不是很温暖,认为一杯好茶会很好地下降

谁在线上

NigelPrice627
NigelPrice627
Shell27
Shell27
+4客人
Baidu