在线社区的更新
我们将于5月24日星期二更新在线社区。这将论坛的外观更改为“列表视图”,以使查找在哪里发布更轻松的任务。

人们如何在遭受关节炎的臀部的同时长期开车?

I was diagnosed with arthritic hips a couple of months ago, and suffer badly whilst driving. I have tried 2 cushions from Amazon that say they are designed for the arthritic hip condition, but are too small to fit on a car seat, and move every time you get in the car. I am using one of these cushions currently, which is better than sitting on the car seat without a cushion, but I am still in pain after driving for about 15 minutes.

我的床上也痛苦不好,因此,对这两个问题的任何帮助都将受到感激。

Comments

• shell_h
    shell_h 行政人员帖子:541

你好@Druss- Welcome to the online community!

我看到您的臀部患有骨关节炎,您正在寻找应对疼痛的建议,特别是在开车或床上时。

This is something which is important to get right, as being able to carry on with our normal lives is a necessity. Sleep in particular is very important, as if you don't get enough sleep your pain gets worse everywhere.

通常,我们建议人们尝试床垫套(或新床垫),该床垫旨在减轻关节的压力。这些通常在顶部具有内存泡沫层,这可以帮助扩散压力,并在您需要的关节上有更多的赠与。如果可以的话,去一家床垫 /床铺,尝试一堆,看看对您有用的东西,然后您知道自己在寻找什么。

简单地说,我还建议您在入睡前大约半小时服用一些止痛药,因此您获得了能够自然下降的最佳机会。看看信息here

I'm hoping others in the community will have recommendations on driving aids, but we do have some information which may be of help to you:

请环顾社区的其余部分,并加入您发现有趣的对话 - 每个人都非常欢迎!

Lovely to meet you,

Shell

• Druss
    Druss Member帖子:3

谢谢您的评论,我确实有一个记忆泡沫礼帽,甚至在躺在上面时也太难了。我确实尝试用臀部在柔软的枕头上睡觉,最初有帮助,但随着夜晚的进行而磨损。如果我站起来,我确实会服用联合甲莫尔(30/1000),然后在晚上上床睡觉。

My car is automatic but unfortunately my right hip is the worst and it gets all the pedal work.

• 黛比尔
    黛比尔 Member帖子:27

我在降低脊柱有OA L5 - S1也给s me hip pain. I was taking 60/1000 co-codamol but it was taking 2 hours for the pain to ease enough to sleep. Turning over in bed during the night was agony. My doctor suggested nortriptyline - I was sceptical, but it made a real difference and I sleep a lot better. I have tried to reduce one or the other but find I need both. I try to be as active as possible in the day as being physically tired also helps me to sleep better. Being active is sometimes the last thing I want to do but I know now the benefits are worth it.

希望您能找到一种帮助您入睡的解决方案。如果我有一天晚上不睡觉,我会尝试在一个下午睡个好觉。

Debbie

• lizb12
    lizb12 Member帖子:37

你好@DrussI also have been diagnosed with an arthritic hip, unfortunately the right one like you. Our car is an automatic which helped considerably with my arthritic left knee. Because of ongoing difficulties with pain and stiffness I haven’t driven since January and have missed it so much. My husband has to drive when I occasionally have to go anywhere. I don’t want to aggravate it any more than necessary, but it is really restricting my social life. I use a special coccyx cushion bought from Amazon for my passenger seat, which eases my pain and avoids jolts on bumpy roads. It fills the passenger seat so that might work for your driving perhaps. I hope you find a solution soon

• I am awaiting by lateral hips surgery for three years....I have stayed driving, but am very wary of now carrying passengers, and cut down distances, due the excessive traffic on roads now lockdown is over, and concerned regarding the Small Print on my Car Insurance, should I be involved in a small / major accident, I feel I would be slaughtered by other parties

• CCM
    CCM Member帖子:60

I drove extensively for work for many years (and miles). I made a practice of stopping regulary for a 10 minute walk at convenient services, which restored mobility and eased the discomfort.

• 这听起来像是很好的建议@CCM

• 如果您有幸拥有具有可调式座椅的汽车,则附加的建议。我发现对靠背或SQAB角度或前后位置或腰部支撑的定期调整只需进行较小的调整,从而可以在常规停靠站之间缓解短暂的陶工。手动调节座椅在驾驶和电动座椅时进行调整更加困难和危险,通常会提供更优质的调整程度。

加热座椅也非常适合缓解疼痛。

Cars with higher seats are definitely better than low sports cars where the base of the seat is close to the floor. My brother had a Toyota Celica which even as a passenger caused me pain within a few minutes. Otherwise I found the difference between a comfortable and uncomfortable car seat only became apparent after a more extended drive.

最终,汽车悬架设置产生了巨大的不同。低调轮胎或硬运动悬架震动和罐子太多的汽车过多,尤其是现在英国的道路表面越来越严重。因此,我明白了为什么现在有些人更喜欢耗时4x4的气体,但是有更明智的汽车为我们的那些患有臀部或背痛的人提供同样舒适的骑行。有趣的是,一些较旧的汽车似乎比许多具有运动意图的新车在陈列室和对汽车记者的吸引力上看起来不错的新车更具舒适性。

很抱歉漫步,但我的工作曾经要求我开车很多英里,然后花几个小时坐在电脑键盘上。换车极大地帮助了我,从那时起,我自由地承认在帽子上有一只关于汽车座椅,悬架和轮胎的蜜蜂。

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member帖子:1,992

BEWARE if your arthritis is affecting the way you drive or you need special controls you just legally report such facts to the DVLA - see//www.wfysxh.com/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/driving/- you could face a heavy fine if you do not and your insurance may be invalidated. I reported my difficulties to the DVLA on-line after my GP questioned whether I should have been driving, then had another questionnaire sent to me which I completed, then went through their medical board and had my licence withdrawn. Initially I contacted my Insurers through Motability after I had installed additional mirrors because I could not turn my head and a knob on the steering wheel as I could not grip the wheel and they were happy. Now, as I live alone and use a wheelchair, I am virtually housebound.

• 罗杰比尔
    罗杰比尔 Member帖子:119

Very good point@mike1听到您已撤回许可证,我感到非常抱歉,这是我很难处理的情况。但是,虽然不适合和能够,对人类驾驶生活的潜在后果是可怕的。同样,如果您没有保险,事故带来的潜在成本几乎是无限的。您当然可以通知DVLA。

我最近进行了髋关节置换手术,并要求外科医生给我写信,说我现在适合开车。我希望这将是我的汽车保险的可接受证据。

• 莫琳布
    莫琳布 Member帖子:4

我的两个臀部都患有关节炎(现在一个臀部),但幸运的是,这在开车时不会影响我。我发现无需使用止痛药而无需使用靶向疼痛。该网站上有一个部分。我同时使用了有线版本和无线版本(您可以在化学家的劳埃德(Lloyds)购买同时购买),并且我使用无线的版本在家庭外进行体育锻炼。无线版本仅提供一种“脉冲”,但对我来说很好

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member帖子:27,410

I have a special wedge cushion for the car which I use as my car is quite low down and hurts my back and hips if I go too far. It designed for the car specifically and doesn't move.

Anyone any ideas how to solve rapid carpal tunnel hands when driving????

谁在线上

Helpline_team
Helpline_team
jamieA
jamieA
Janeandrews_60
Janeandrews_60
Perky
Perky
toady
toady
Rubikscubeboy