Updates to the Online Community
我们are updating the Online Community on Tuesday 24th May. This is changing the look of the forums to a "list view" to make finding where to post an easier task.

Hello - OA in lower spine and hips

Laurafc31
Laurafc31 MemberPosts:2
edited 6. Oct 2021, 11:52 in说“你好”

Hi I have osteoarthritis lower spine, hips and my other joints also hurt, I'm constantly tired and in pain 24/7... Newly diagnosed, 28 years old.

注释

• Shell_H
    Shell_H AdministratorPosts:541

Hi@Laurafc31- 欢迎来到在线社区!

I see you're tired and in pain most of the time due to having Osteoarthritis in your lower spine and hips. Your other joints are also painful and you've only recently been diagnosed.

It's not easy when it's all new to you. We have some information which may be able to help, or at least give you a place to learn and then give you a questions to ask. I'd also like to emphasise the importance of looking after yourself - be aware of what you can do, arrange yourself around doing what you can when possible, recognise when you've done well. Also try to make sure you get the best sleep you can. I'm going to guess the pain makes sleeping difficult. Tiredness can make your mood and your pain worse, so I focus on this a lot. Try to take painkillers about half an hour before you go to bed to give yourself the best sleep you can. You can ask your pharmacist what painkillers you can take alongside any prescribed medications you have. If you have points of pain from sleeping a mattress topper may help - I found a memory foam mattress topper helped me a lot and wasn't too expensive.

我们also have a booklet on疼痛和关节炎- 这有很多有关您可以做些什么来帮助自己,其他疗法和治疗方法,自助服务等的信息。我也建议看看这个。

一定要环顾社区。我们几个人都不那么老了关节炎 - 我今年38岁,我发现很难处理关节炎,同时也试图与家人和工作打交道,以及人们认为您可以可以的人当您“太年轻”时患有关节炎。我们总是很高兴能够加入新的开胃菜,所以请觉得您可以加入任何对您来说很有趣的对话。

It's lovely to meet you!

• Thank you so much I will deffinatly have a look at and try your suggestions, I'm currently on cocodomols naproxen duluxceton and lanzoprazol, but do feel it's swings and roundabouts if I'm tired I'm in more pain, if I have a busy day I'm wiped out the next day and pain is worse. I also have 2 children under 5 to run around after. Its just nice to speak to people who understand. As alot think I'm OK because I look OK as they cannot see pain ect. :)

• Hi@Laurafc31

我们lcome! As Shell said, there are plenty of us who understand. Living with arthritis is difficult as it is, without having the added pressures of work, children and life in general. I'm 33 myself, diagnosed at 6, and am a teacher with a 5 year old so completely get it. You are not alone here. As hard as it is to try and get rest when you have kiddies to run around after, just take care of yourself the best that you can. Sometimes you need to care for yourself first so that you can care for your children to the best of your ability. As a mother, that isn't something that you're used to doing, but you will learn to do it and see the benefits in the long run.

Take care, and keep talking to us!

Sarah

• DebbieL
    DebbieL MemberPosts:27

我一直很活跃,在51岁时被摧毁,突然发现自己每天都在痛苦中,并且没有信心做任何锻炼,以防一切使一切变得更糟。被诊断出患有骨关节炎会令人震惊,因为我在死胡同时无法治愈。一个非常好的专家后卫的身体有助于减轻我的痛苦,并使我有信心再次运动。我有4年以下的4年孙子,我为童年提供帮助,后来经常感到疲倦或痛苦。对您来说一定很难。承认您感到疲倦或痛苦并不是一个弱点,如果我们不告诉我们的亲人,那么他们就无能为力或理解。我绝对会建议您的记忆泡沫礼帽是4英寸。我做芭蕾舞,因为我累了,所以我也睡得更好。

• Hi I have been suffering from Osteoarthritis for over a year, I didn't speak with doctor. because thought it was sciatica, suffered from it from younger age. I'm 59 year old woman. Have been in pain constantly, I have brought 10s Machine, support belts. trying to make it less painful. I have now arrived for a XRay I have been to physio he said it was Arthritis in my left hip. also in my right, get pain both groins and down my legs, difficult walking and standing to long. Gets me down, suffer from Anxiety.

Ruth

• 布林莫尔
    布林莫尔 AdministratorPosts:1,784

Hi@sunnyside_12很抱歉,我们错过了欢迎您来到在线社区。

I understand you have had a diagnosis of osteoarthritis following an x-ray examination and you are anxious as to what the prospects are with the condition.

我们have some great information on our website that you may find useful and is well worth a read in coping with some of the pain:

There are also some suggestions on gentle hip exercises that you might like to try:

Do join in across the Online Community, ask questions and call in to say how you are getting on.

一切顺利

布林莫尔

• 我很高兴其他人了解不良的肌肉疼痛!去年,我被诊断出了OA的下背部和两个臀部...但是我已经疼痛了几年,我责备更年期和压力!

我很难控制疼痛...由于胃酸反流,我无法接受很多止痛药,而GP没有帮助。

If my hip is really inflamed i put an ice pack on...this really helps also hot baths with epsom salts or magnesium salts really helps muscle pain.

Who's Online

helpline_team
helpline_team
jamieA
jamieA
Janeandrews_60
Janeandrews_60
活泼
活泼
拍马屁
拍马屁
rubikscubeboy