The 'Triumphs' thread

StickyWicket
StickyWicket MemberPosts:26,718
edited 4. Feb 2020, 11:03 inMy Triumphs
Inspired by DD's trek over to St Michael's Mount (and back) and conscious of the way this forum is necessarily a bit unbalanced (just like us:wink:) in favour of difficulties and problems, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we listed our own personal triumphs.

Obviously they will be different for each one and one person's triumph will be another's everyday activity but the point is to emphasise the daily personal achievements which make us feel good.

是的,会有回报,但我们可以将其视为理所当然。无需居住:D

My first contribution - the other day we did a 'wheelchair walk' in which I walked far further than usual and, amazingly, without any payback. Nowhere near as impressive as DD's but it impressed me:lol:and made me feel good about myself.

Please contribute your own triumphs as and when you make them happen:D

注释

• Airwave!
    Airwave! MemberPosts:2,424
    编辑30. 11月1日,00:00
    I cleared the car from a weeks travelling, sprayed all the weeds from one end to the other end of the garden and drive, cleared the caravan and cleaned the car. All todays jobs done and its only lunchtime.

我对自己感到适度满意。:lol: :Dm0150
  • grid
    grid MemberPosts:40
    Hi

well i have been busier than when i was fit and healthy

i have removed old paint from decking and repainted, took 3 days to complete.

lifted all old grout from patio and re-grouted it all, bear in minds its 20x20 so fair siz as well as 2 levels of paining the decking.

so im pleased with myself, although suffered the following day.

Dave
  • Slosh
    Slosh MemberPosts:3,194
    线程的好主意。
    These posts are so good to read.
  • palo
    palo MemberPosts:240
    Well after pulling my hair out for 3 days I finally tracked down how Chinese spammers had hacked my site and stopped them. So that was a major achievement for me.
  • StickyWicket
    :D :D :D

Well done, everyone! Give yourselves a pat on the back. Oh, I forgot. We can't:wink:

But you are all amazingly industrious and determined. And I, for one, find that inspiring.

Carry on carrying on:DAnd reporting back on it.
  • dibdab
    dibdab MemberPosts:1,498
    Today I shampooed the carpets in the bedroom and hallway....I may be a little broken now but I feel quite good about it.

:DDeb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy MemberPosts:31,520
    What a lovely idea for a thread, everyday we achieve but don't necessarily realise that we have done so because achievements for us are nothing to others.

I am continuing to walk unaided for the majority of the day and enjoying the 'rewards' at night. :roll::lol:It is worth it though, not only are my muscles benefitting, my mind is too. We have another few days to come, St. Ives and The Tate was on the agenda for today but I've cancelled both, doing one at a time next week is the more sensible way to go. DD
  • StickyWicket
    I've just re-read through all posts so far and I'm smiling:D

It's lovely to read of what everyone is achieving despite the arthritis and we all know it's not just effort but also pain and fatigue.

I'm afraid I've nothing of note to report but please keep contributing as it's encouraging to read of such efforts.
  • GraceB
    GraceB MemberPosts:1,595
    星期四,我度过了愉快的一天,我的新伴侣K.只是在他的地方放松身心,但这很棒。我们在我们之间煮了一顿健康的饭菜,并且一天中的大部分时间都散发出来。:lol:
    Then yesterday I weighed at home and have maintained.:lol: :lol:
    Today I met a friend for a coffee and a chat, it was great to have a gossip and "people watch" whilst drinking our coffees.

GraceB

P.S. Yes I agree, lovely idea for a topic! Thank you Sticky.
  • dreamdaisy
    昨天我登上了教堂岩(Chapel Rock)(有步骤,我不是克里斯·邦宁顿(Chris Bonnington)),因此将其改名为黛西的圆顶。:DDD
  • 贝蒂马克
    贝蒂马克 MemberPosts:182
    My personal triumph is managing to do a bit of gardening.
    When the RA reared its ugly head a few years ago, I wasn’t able to do very much and lost interest in the garden.

I’ve had some really good days recently and have managed some proper weeding of the borders, some planting of new shrubs and perennials - and a good sort through my collection of hosta pots.

This feels like the real me again.
    Thank goodness for depomedrone.

Making hay while the sun shines
  • StickyWicket
    What a wonderfully enterprising lot you all are! Great stuff:D
  • dreamdaisy
    在配偶打sn的同时,我设法使各种植物都死了,涉及大量站立,伸展,弯曲和宣誓就职:wink:
    I have also watered the borders outside the house and managed to lop off some prickly bolting rose stems which were doing nothing but making things look scruffy. Tomorrow I shall do it all again. Gardening is merely outdoor housework. DD

PS. Our grass is brown and crunchy, it sounds like my knees! DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 MemberPosts:1,636
    Our grass is brown and crunchy, it sounds like my knees! DD
    So's mine, walking on it feels and sounds rather like walking on dry snow. The unsightliness is offset somewhat by the large quantity of clover which not only has some green left but is also flowering prolifically, much to the delight of assorted bees.
    Today I have managed to decapitate a small ornamental cherry(wrong plant wrong place) prior to someone else eventually getting the rest of it out, and generally tidy up the patio area. I have my little bistro set out ready for use, and the plants in pots have been tidied up and grouped better(on one side at least!). It all looks so much more inviting and lifts the spirits(much needed just at the minute) when I look out of the kitchen window.I'll be able to have a cuppa sitting properly rather than perched on the backdoor step.
  • 贝蒂马克
    贝蒂马克 MemberPosts:182
    Lovely to hear how much people enjoy their gardens, even when looking after them isn't all that easy.

Lucky me - I had another triumph yesterday.
    我们非常古老的电视机上周放弃了幽灵 - 轰动一时,燃烧的气味令人讨厌。
    Poor husband has been reduced to watching the football on our tiny, equally ancient second tv.
    The new tv arrived yesterday and, with a bit of heavy lifting assistance from J, I managed to get it set up and working - which was no mean feat as there was a lot of crouching in a tight corner wondering which blasted wire belonged where!
    Modern tv's are a strange and different beast!
    It will be another triumph if I manage to get back in there and remove the cobwebs and dust but I think I may give that a few weeks.
  • StickyWicket
    今天早上我洗自己的头发:D大约30年来的第一次:D :D

I've been pondering the possibility ever since I got my walk-in / sit down shower. My arms still don't reach and i can't even open the devices that are supposed to help but I reckoned, if my hair was short enough, with the help of my scrunchy thing on a light, plastic stick, I might....just might.

So yesterday I asked my hairdresser to take off a bit more than usual. And today I did it:D :D :D

贝蒂马克(Bettymac) - 我的daughter妇,一个敬业的女人,有一个杯子里带着传奇的杯子“干净的房子是一个沉闷的女人的标志”。
  • mig
    mig MemberPosts:7,152
    I managed to install a rotary drier and ground spike all by myself yeah me the spike had a screw to put into the ground instead of the usual spike that you push in, a lot of bad language was used but I did it.
  • dibdab
    dibdab MemberPosts:1,498
    Yesterday I set up the new internet hub- last time we had one (about 15 years ago!) I had to ask our then teenage children to do it- you don't realise how much confidence grows as you use technology routinely. Feeling fairly pleased with myself as the new router doesn't keep dropping the signal so no more staggering upstairs to switch off the hub and reboot it. :P
  • dreamdaisy
    Get in! Congratulations to one and all, these are not small fry achievements, each and every one enhances our quality of life, no?

I continue to battle with my new-ish Yoga Book. I have to peer at the screen to see what I am typing, despite not being supposedly on the Mr Magoo setting, and the auto-suggest vocabulary drives me round the bend but I have been unable to find a way to turn it off. Anyone have a spare three year old they could lend to give me a tutorial?:lol:DD
  • daffy2
    今天,我可以在近几周内从当地家具重新使用慈善商店扔掉的几周后使用(经许可)清理(经许可)的有用位。
    一张腿骨折的圆形咖啡桌让其他3个取下(大锤工作,最令人满意的),因此可以从我想象的最初是一张失去顶部的小餐桌来固定在基座上。偶尔偶尔桌子顶部的宽松贴面已被剥离,2张矮胖的木餐椅已经拧紧了螺丝。我希望外面有几年的台式和椅子座椅。从金属小酒馆套装上放在露台的另一侧,这意味着我将有选择的阳光或阴影可以坐在外面,而不必与阳伞一起闲逛。小桌子将在植物摊位上走出前面,以帮助充分利用房屋和道路之间的微小空间。
  • dreamdaisy
    Crikey Daffers! That sounds both very enjoyable and rewarding.

我继续(尽管是双心的)各种琐事,现在将迫使自己去散步。我不想,天气很热,我很受伤,但是自从星期五以来我就没有做任何毫无辅助的步行。向前,侧身,偶尔向后!DD
  • daffy2
    它确实是这两个弟弟,并将继续是这样的,not least because I can now get rid of 2 other chairs( throw-outs from work) which while functional were anything but ornamental - they were NHS ward chairs bought for use in the cafe.
    It was also a boost because both my OA and fibro are kicking off big time and everything hurts, a lot, all the time, at the moment. Doing all the DIY obviously wasn't the kind of analgesic non-arthritics would think of, but for me it worked a treat; yes hands etc hurt, but then they would have done anyway and at least this way I got something to show for the pain.
    今天早上坐在我的“新椅子上”,我的第一个杯子在我的“新桌子上”坐在我的“新桌子上,我都可以在工作中度过一天。
  • StickyWicket
    daffy2写道:
    It was also a boost because both my OA and fibro are kicking off big time and everything hurts, a lot, all the time, at the moment. Doing all the DIY obviously wasn't the kind of analgesic non-arthritics would think of, but for me it worked a treat; yes hands etc hurt, but then they would have done anyway and at least this way I got something to show for the pain.

关节炎逻辑的一个很好的例子,达菲。那是赢得胜利的逻辑。我希望您仍然喜欢劳动的果实。
  • daffy2
    关节炎逻辑的一个很好的例子,达菲。那是赢得胜利的逻辑。我希望您仍然喜欢劳动的果实。
    I am indeed. Even if I can't actually be out using them I can see them from my kitchen window.
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 MemberPosts:156
    By doing it in short stints and with a strategically placed garden chair I've managed to help my brilliant OH pick his mega crop of strawberries over the past two weeks.

By doing one lot at a time (with frequent breaks for tennis on TV) I've hulled and jam the majority with the 'overflow' frozen for future use. It's been too dry for a good raspberry crop but we've picked and frozen each small picking ready for a few jars of jam when fruiting ends. We also succeeded in picking elderflowers so have a good supply of cordial in store and a colourful-looking pantry.

共同的努力(请注意“双重诱惑”),使我能够取得比去年更多的成就,并以胜利“正确地”“正确”!

Who's Online

Frogmorton
Frogmorton
+5Guests
Baidu