Walking during winter season

Hello!

I am 30 years old and I have been a gymnast for many years of my life. I was diagnosed with ankle osteoarthritis three years ago, and I was doing great. It didn't bother me as much as I expected. I am very responsible with my physical therapy, and turmeric also seems to help. I also drink Piascledine and collagen. I do not remember the last time I drank NSAIDs! I was dealing with depressive thoughts after one orthopedist told me that in a few years' time I will undergo arthrodesis surgery because there was nothing I could do. I do not understand my he said that.. because it didn't help me at all. I do not remember the last time I cried so much. Last week a lot of snow came, and according to the weather forecast, snow is expected to last for a very long time. So I went out on my daily walk, and I felt pain in my ankle because it was twisting on ice and snow-covered sidewalks and I could not make it to walk normally, it bothered me so much I had to stop my walk and go home. I am worried that during this winter season my ankle joint will deteriorate faster. Could it possibly happen? During summer I was easily able to walk 10k+ steps a day! Since I do not own a car I have to walk everywhere and not every sidewalk is walkable enough, because even 3cm of snow is enough for my ankle to twist. Should I be worried, or I just have to adjust to this season and do some warmups? Could ankle orthosis help? Does pain during and after walk means that there is a structural damage? Since I have not booked my PT appointment until Christmas time I have no one to ask this. It honestly terrifies me so much.

来自Nothern Europe的问候!

注释

Who's Online

Anniedog1
Anniedog1
卡洛恩夫
卡洛恩夫
Sharn
Sharn
+4客人
Baidu