Updates to the Online Community
We have now completed the update to the Online Community. This is changing the look of the forums to a "list view" to make finding where to post an easier task.

Feedback welcome

Can’t process my new life with RA

我以为我应该在这里写信,看看其他人是否有同样的感觉。我被诊断出患有23岁的RA,现在已经24岁了,发现很难应付所有药物,痛苦我完全迷失了自己。我刚刚开始生物治疗,一切都使我不知所措。现在我每天都处于边缘状态。我不确定现在如何适应自己,我觉得我一直希望我能回到还可以的时候。

Comments

• 肢瘤炎
    肢瘤炎 MemberPosts:270

@Becca22Hiya! Just responded to your other post! You are not alone. We can’t let it get us down. Winston Churchill had just the right words, when in battle. When passing through hell, keep going, don’t stop!

We are battling RA, and we are on a mission to do the best we can, and keep an eye out to avoid things that disagree with us, and what helps.

Count as a blessing each hour without pain… hopefully there will be more.

• 肢瘤炎
    肢瘤炎 MemberPosts:270

@Becca22Please don’t despair, whenever you are down, remind yourself that you are not alone, there’s all of us here in the RA community supporting each other when we are in pain or down.

• Macdee73
    Macdee73 MemberPosts:20

Hie @Becca22

Firstly what you going through is quite normal as it happened to most of us shortly after getting diagnosed. The first couple of years are rough because you are experiencing problems that you never had. The meds and the pain seem to make you feel a lot less like yourself. What i did is i tried to gather as much info as i could of my condition as well as possible ways of dealing with them. On this platform is where you will get first hand info from people who have gone through the same. There's no 1 cure and you have to go througha number of them to get the one that best works for you.

Try to feel better and don't compare yourself to what you were before diagnosis because it wont help but rather will keep you depressed which is bad for our conditions as it worsens the symptoms. Try to live in the now and take 1 day at a time eventually you will feel great.

Wish you the best!

• Frogmorton
    Frogmorton MemberPosts:27,410
    edited 17. Jan 2022, 07:31

Oh@Becca22

祝福你。我们都觉得自己是这样的,肯定给我看一个没有的人。

The thing is you almost have to grieve for the life you had before your diagnosis and the life you had planned ahead of you, before you can accept your new 'different' life.

It does sound as though you have had a tough time if initial DMARDs haven't managed to control your RA. Once the disease is under better control that will be when you can start to look at what your life will be like.

For me. I was in tears a lot of the time, too much pain and did a lot of 'why me-ing'. It just seemed so unfair and I know I was the most annoying person to spend time with as all I did was talk about it. I didn't make plans in case l couldn't manage it and became quite selfish I think, but once my meds combination was right I started to get back to being me again.

The people here helped too so much and with their support I gradually climbed out of my 'wallow pit' and rejoined life. I modified things slightly and now my life is good. It isn't the same as it was, but it is pretty good.

My advice? keep talking to people like us, be kind to yourself keep going and soon with any luck the biologic will do it's job and you will feel much more positive. You are still Becca don't let RA define you.

很多 ((()))

• Becca22
    Becca22 MemberPosts:10

Thank you for understanding, for months now I haven’t been doing very well because of being depressed. Can barely eat and drink and I notice I feel awful but I’m trying to get some therapy for these things. Thank you again. xx

• Lisa_R
    Lisa_R 机器人Posts:6

嗨,贝卡,很抱歉得知您的问题。我想让您知道您并不孤单。我们都是一个团队来支持您的团队,我们所有人都在与生活中的各种问题作斗争。您是否尝试过咨询心理学家?如果没有,请务必与专业的心理健康中心进行治疗。希望您能尽快康复,并回到您的年龄较大的自我。

• Ellen
    Ellen ModeratorPosts:953
    edited 18. Jan 2022, 09:11

@Becca22apologies for hijacking your thread I just need to welcome@lisa_r到在线社区。

Hello Lisa its lovely to meet you and to see that your first post is helping someone too.

You don't say which form of Arthritis you have, but your experience with massage (in your other post) is really interesting I am going to attach a couple of links which almost certainly will interest you and might give Becca more information on the subject too:

and

我期待着看到你未来的职位.

最好的祝愿

Ellen.

• been diagnosed with seropositive rhumatoid arthritis 2 years ago i still can’t get to grips with it i’m getting worse i can feel it i don’t know how to come to terms and and control this pain that’s constantly there.?!!

• 得知您的艰难时期,我很抱歉。出于兴趣,您是否被禁止叶酸,如果是的话,多久一次?我只是问,因为当我开始使用甲氨蝶呤时,我开始感到不安。我每周(注射前一天)服用一个叶酸片。

Turns out the anxiety was due to low folic acid. I now take it 6 days a week (just miss the day of the injection), and I feel so much better.

• dean68
    dean68 MemberPosts:24

谢谢☺️我需要叶酸后24小时ethotrexate to be honest i actually feel a bit of a lift in moods which kinda makes me find a bit of motivation but for some reason something isn’t working i used to get i call them flares 1 a week to 2 weeks i’d have a sore wrist or elbow foot knee quite manageable but starting a month ago became more regular gradually then wrist and knee together hurt like hell goes away 3 days later other wrist right foot swollen i couldn’t wear socks or trainer or slippers now it’s every day feels my whole body is swollen near enough i can’t use my arms fingers without serious pain i’m hobbling because of my feet and knees don’t seem to subside in pain and swelling but worst of all my wrists both together have become unbearable constantly in pain can’t sleep because slight movements hurt some nights i’m sitting up in bed crying my eyes out like a baby 1 because of the pain 2 because i don’t want it to be me i that’s selfish in a way but i can’t help it ..i lost my house my wife my well paid job and my 7 year old boy who’s my No1 reason i’m still here it got so bad and it was all due and because of my SRA life changing disease i’m sorry if this has put you on a down feeling but i’m hearing stay positive think happy thoughts i can’t see how when i’m in excruciating pain sobbing my heart out to myself either on the floor on sofa or 4am in the morning sitting up in bed and i’m 2 years in i’m just starting.! some on here hav had RA for years i’m maxing out on tramadol every day naproxen as well and the pain is busting though daily all my meds are taken as prescribed to the letter it’s not working my GP don’t seem want to know listen nothing else my rheumatologist i’m starting to think he’s not real my 3 months appointments have turned into ever 6 months now but never get a call back sorry to be on such a downhill slippery slope and passing it on but i can’t think positive about any of this not 1 bit not everyone is the same don’t panic please on my moaning hopefully and i pray your get on top and live a normal life and live with and manage with your condition me i’m not strong enough to defend a whole out bodily attack i’m passed my wits end feels like i’m a loser in everything life’s got i’m 53 yrs old and nothing can take my mind off my pain .. sorry

• Coral
    Coral MemberPosts:2

My heart goes out to you, Dean I know how it feels when the pain overwhelms everything.

You sound like you desperately need proper medical help for the pain and the depression and anxiety it is bringing. It is especially hard if you feel that your doctor's are not listening to you.

I hope others more knowledgeable on this site can point a way forward.

• dean68
    dean68 MemberPosts:24

谢谢珊瑚,但是,是的,最令人沮丧的部分是我的专业人士的医疗建议基本上是最小的,我的GP没有答案,但很抱歉听到我知道80%的一切都来自人们like you and everyone on hereand thankfully and WWW can be scary but also enlightening at times as well i hope i have not absolutely trashed any good positive thoughts yoh had it’s not my intention everyone is experiencing their own unique ways of coping with more positive successful outcomes than negative and it works try to keep smiling it works on the rare occasion i do i’m on top of the world at the time take care take it easy and find that one good freind that understands your suffering rather than just see it at times that can be jarring .! but most people are genuinely kind and supportive smother yourself in these people and talk talk and more talk shifts that big weight pulling you down fingers crossed for you and keep smiling.. thanks

• YvonneH
    YvonneH AdministratorPosts:1,049

@dean68

I am going to reply to this on your other discussion 'Wit's End' which can be found这里

Yvonne

https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/56391/wits-end

Who's Online

13Guests
Baidu