Polymialgia Rheumatica

SylviaW
SylviaW Member文章:6
edited 14. Feb 2020, 04:44 打个招呼档案
Hello, my name is Sylvia (71) and was diagnosed with Polymialgia Rheumatica the week before Christmas. My condition is managed by taking steroids plus other pills to counteract the side effects i.e. bone loss and stomach problems. The tablet I am most worried about is the Alendronic Acid which I take once a week as that can cause side effects too! I've only taken one so far! Any comments gratefully received! Happy New Year!
西尔维亚W。

Comments

• [已被删除的用户]
    [已被删除的用户] 文章:3,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sylvia,
    欢迎来到论坛。
    我可以理解您开始服药时的担忧。我没有艾伦丁酸的个人经历,但是这里有很多人有各种各样的关节炎经历,因此希望有人会很快就会伴随着。
    这是NHS网站上有关Alendronic Acid信息的链接:

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/alendronic-acid/

另外,如果您尚未看到它或阅读类似信息,我将在“与关节炎”网站上发布有关多肌痛性风湿性的部分。beplay体育怎么下载希望它可能会有所帮助:

//www.wfysxh.com/about-arthritis/conditions/polymyalgia-rheumatica-pmr/

Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on with your medications and with managing your condition now that you have a diagnosis and treatment.
    祝您有很好的祝愿,

Ann
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member文章:26,975
    Hello Sylvia and welcome from me too:)

由于某些原因,PMR的人似乎在这里似乎不会闲逛。我将其解释为一个好兆头:dthat, after the initial shock, they are able to get on with their lives fairly normally – with the addition of the meds.

我了解您对Alendronic Acid的担忧。这些说明很可怕,不是吗?(保持直立等。)但是我们在这里有几个人,我不记得除了轻度恶心以外的其他人。之所以要抵消类固醇可以产生的骨质流失,因此,这是一件非常好的事情。您的盘子上可以处理PMR,而没有将骨质疏松症扔入混合物中。

I hope you're finding the meds regime helpful. Some people seem able to carry on much as they did before diagnosis but rest is important too so don't feel you're giving in to it if you can't. It's a nasty thing while it lasts.
  • Dreamdaisy
    Dreamdaisy Member文章:31,520
    您好,我确信您的诊断会令人震惊,尤其是如果您熟悉健康状况良好,并且身体应尽其所能:它非常敢于对您不利,是吗?我服用了至少几年的艾伦丁酸,与其他药物相比,这是一种爆炸​​的滋扰。一旦我摆脱了类固醇(我没有PMR,我就被选为银屑病和骨关节炎),我就可以阻止AA,Hurray。我37岁时开始关节炎,现在为59岁。

这常常使我在几个小时后几个小时感到不安,我用适当的可口可乐和分心来反击,所以我没有坐在那里,专注于我的感觉。自从十二岁以来,我一直依靠药物来启动生活,我认为自己所服用的东西不会太多,在开始新的药物时,我读了一次副作用传单,然后将它们放下。它们包含警告而不是保证,目的是提高生活质量,而且通常,它们经常这样做。祝您一切顺利,请保持联系,让我们知道您的情况。DD
  • SylviaW
    Dreamdaisywrote:
    您好,我确信您的诊断会令人震惊,尤其是如果您熟悉健康状况良好,并且身体应尽其所能:它非常敢于对您不利,是吗?我服用了至少几年的艾伦丁酸,与其他药物相比,这是一种爆炸​​的滋扰。一旦我摆脱了类固醇(我没有PMR,我就被选为银屑病和骨关节炎),我就可以阻止AA,Hurray。我37岁时开始关节炎,现在为59岁。

这常常使我在几个小时后几个小时感到不安,我用适当的可口可乐和分心来反击,所以我没有坐在那里,专注于我的感觉。自从十二岁以来,我一直依靠药物来启动生活,我认为自己所服用的东西不会太多,在开始新的药物时,我读了一次副作用传单,然后将它们放下。它们包含警告而不是保证,目的是提高生活质量,而且通常,它们经常这样做。祝您一切顺利,请保持联系,让我们知道您的情况。DD

Thank you for all your replies. Yes it did come as a shock having been fit and healthy before. WE had just returned from a few days in Edinburgh, travelling by car and train and doing a lot of walking whiles up there and put my stiffness and aching limbs down to all the travelling and having overdone it. I put up with it for a month before seeing my GP. The list of side effects is very scary so I tend to ignore them until I suspect I might be experiencing one! Will keep in touch. Sylvia W
  • Dreamdaisy
    可能的副作用列表确实可以使阅读令人不安,但是,正如我提醒自己的那样,他们在那里保护制造商免受法律诉讼的侵害:如果您被警告,一万个千折,那就是一万分之一的人,那么您证明统计数据就是全部。

这一定很艰难,我确实同情。一个古老的谚语指出,“身体健康”是一个井人的头上的王冠,但只有一个生病的人才能看到它。多么真实。我喜欢的另一句话是“身体本身是一种疾病”。我已经证明了那个自出生以来。:哈哈:DD
  • SylviaW
    Hello Sylvia and welcome from me too:)

由于某些原因,PMR的人似乎在这里似乎不会闲逛。我将其解释为一个好兆头:dthat, after the initial shock, they are able to get on with their lives fairly normally – with the addition of the meds.

我了解您对Alendronic Acid的担忧。这些说明很可怕,不是吗?(保持直立等。)但是我们在这里有几个人,我不记得除了轻度恶心以外的其他人。之所以要抵消类固醇可以产生的骨质流失,因此,这是一件非常好的事情。您的盘子上可以处理PMR,而没有将骨质疏松症扔入混合物中。

I hope you're finding the meds regime helpful. Some people seem able to carry on much as they did before diagnosis but rest is important too so don't feel you're giving in to it if you can't. It's a nasty thing while it lasts.

好了我的一个姐妹有PMR十年plus she has the added complication of Fibromialgia, poor thing. My younger sister has osteoporosis and was prescribed Alendronic Acid which she couldn't tolerate so was put on something else which she is fine on. So perhaps I was over anxious about taking it myself. I should take the 2nd tablet tomorrow. Time will tell!:wink:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member文章:1,636
    A colleague of mine had PMR which took about 4 years to settle - she wasn't amused as the doctor had assured her that it would be no more than 2....
    关于OP药物,任何副作用(例如恶心)可能会随着您的进行而定居,否则值得询问AA片剂的液体替代品,现在可以查看它们是否对您更好。不过,这并不是唯一的OP药物,如果您发现事情不会安定下来,并且不能容忍它,那么您可以像姐姐那样进入另一个药物。
  • SylviaW
    Thank-you Daffy2.
    当您71岁的四年似乎很长一段时间时,我们将看到我的情况。我没有告诉我我的PMR肯定会清除,只是一旦我从类固醇中断奶后,我可能会复发。
    我也确实需要考虑减轻体重,但我不想过量,右臂和手的力量在早晨很弱,直到类固醇启动。我有简单的练习可以通过关节炎护理传单进行,但需要了解更多。
  • SylviaW
    大家好!自从我上一篇文章以来,已经过去了一年多了。我一直在担心服用艾伦德ronic酸片剂,但幸运的是,我对它们也没事。
    I am now down to 2 mg of steroids a day though have tried and failed to get down to 1mg. Doctor has assured me it's still early days and it usually takes 18 months to 2 years for the Polymialgia to burn itself out. I do feel I need to build up arm muscles but don't want to overdo and find I'm back to square one! Will be seeing my doctor soon for some advice. t4591 Sylvia W
  • Dreamdaisy
    再一次问好。

I took a year to come off oral steroids, reducing by 0.5 or 1 mg every three to five weeks. Towards the end I found I was just forgetting to take them, having been reunited with my usual level of moderately grotty. A DEXA scan a few months later confirmed I had done the right thing them as my bone density had increased by 4%. (I had already dropped the AA, what a faff that pill was.) I miss that fake feeling of being better but I know there's more to life than good health.:哈哈:

Good luck, see you in 2021.:wink:DD

Who's Online

Fif
Fif
+5客人
Baidu